Lately, I haven’t been feeling the guilt when it comes to my work, but I’ve been feeling it when it comes to the neglect it has caused me to show towards my family and friends.
I know they support me and I know they would never make me feel this way, but it’s more of my own blame.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted)
- 15 ounces fatfree refried beans
- 15 ounces black beans, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (I used fresh)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 – 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a large, non-stick pot with cooking spray, and sauté the onion until it begins to brown. Add the garlic and bell pepper and cook for one more minute. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook until the flavors blend, 20-30 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Garnish with fresh tomato, sour cream and avocado.
This is one of my favorite soup recipes. It reminds me of tacos in a bowl.