Repaired, Renewed, and a WINNER!

by Lauren on September 12, 2011

Things have definitely started looking up….

I am so happy to report that my blog issues have been resolved.

Thanks to the genius work of Cody Smith, the pictures have all been restored from the past 4 years of my life.  Cody does his own graphic and web design work so if you are looking for someone to help you out, I highly suggest this man.  (www.codysmith.us)

And I’m pretty sure most of you commented that the feeds are now being acknowledged in your readers.  Not sure what the issue was there, but if you are still not receiving them, please replace the current feed you have with this…

So all is well on the blog front and I can now breath easy and move on.

Speaking of moving on, let’s do that.

This is one of my busiest weeks at work, it’s BACK TO SCHOOL time which means I have been aimlessly running around to all 7 of my high schools to get things in order.

A forewarning: my posts may be periodic this week but I also have some fun things planned and in the works.

Natures Path Optimum Slim, Kashi Island Vanilla, TJ's Twigs, Banana, Blackberries, Almond Butter, Almond Milk

I picked up this new to me cereal at the store yesterday with a coupon.

I was a big fan.  I loved the many different dimensions of flakes and grains it had as well as a subtle touch of vanilla and almond.

After some morning meetings, I rushed home to grab lunch before heading back into the office for more meetings.

Lunch

I seemed to have stocked up on quite a bit of veggies at the store this week so a salad for lunch made the most sense.

Arugula, Radish, Cabbage, Broccoli, Cucumber, Carrots, Red Pepper, Dried Cranberries, Sunflower Seeds, Edamame Hummus, Balsamic

My veggie fix was met.

I also grabbed some afternoon snacks to take back to the office.

This is one of the only nights this week that Toly and I get to have dinner together so I was really looking forward to cooking a meal for us tonight.

A few weeks ago, I made Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers and froze the leftovers.  With a quick defrost, these were just as good as they were the first time.

Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger with Avocado and corn salsa

With our burgers, we had salad.  But not just any salad, grilled caesar salad.

If you’ve never grilled lettuce before….DO IT!!!!

Burger, Salad, Grilled Zucchini and Squash

And now, the WINNER of my Coming Out GIVEAWAY for a free case of Chobani Yogurt…..

Traci

Added you to my reader!!

Congrats girl!! Please email me your contact info and I’ll make sure you get your yogurt.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who updated their readers and face book pages.  This conversion had me worried but it’s so nice to know that you all continue to stay by my side through it all. :)

<3!!!

Erica September 12, 2011 at 8:03 pm

SO glad everything is up and running- whoooooop! That cereal looks awesome! Josh always ends up mixing cereals together (and me too a lot of the time)- this cereal does that for us! I totally froze up some of my bean burgers a few weeks ago- can’t wait to eat them next week.

Lauren September 12, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I can’t remember the last time I committed to just ONE cereal in my breakfast bowl. LoL I could never pick just one. :)

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ September 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

oh my gosh grilled lettuce is amazing!!! what kind of caesar dressing do you use or do you make your own?? im looking for a good recipe!!

Lauren September 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I know! I’m pretty sure just about every veggie on the grill is fantastic. I’ve been using a brand I recently picked up at The Healthy Grocer. I’ve never heard of it before but it was on clearance and it’s pretty good. I usually just make my own: Balsamic, EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Dijon.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Glad everything is up and running! Congrats to the winner :)

Clare @ Fitting It All In September 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm

So glad it’s all taken care of!

Mallory @ It's Only Life September 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Vanilla chobani is my fav of all of them! So good…honey is a close second.

Paige @ Running Around Normal September 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm

That black bean burger looks … perfect! Do you have the recipe? It looks like it held together well.

PS – I have that camelbak and it’s my faaaavoite water bottle ever!

Lauren September 12, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Hey Paige! I thought I posted the recipe but I can’t seem to find it. I’ll put up another one soon. They are FANTASTIC!!

Alex September 13, 2011 at 1:08 am

Hey, I just found your blog, so I don’t know how it looked previously…but it looks pretty damn good now. And the black bean burger looks awesome…I’m with Paige, I want the recipe. I tried making some at the house, but they tend to fall apart, and I end up having a burrito. =/

Lauren September 13, 2011 at 6:38 am

Hey Alex! Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by. I just updated the recipe for the burgers. You can find it on my recipe page and also on the quick link on my sidebar under favorite recipes. I hope you enjoy them! (Ps- I did bake them for about 10 min each side before finishing them off on the grill to ensure they would hold)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning September 13, 2011 at 7:46 am

I LOVE grilled romaine!! It tastes SO different grilled- very nutty! I haven’t grilled in a while- thanks for re-introducing it into my mind! :)

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 13, 2011 at 8:22 am

Glad that your blog is back up and running! :) I love grilled Romaine lettuce. It’s so good! I hope you post the recipe for those burgers. They look amazing!