Locked Up

by Lauren on November 13, 2011

So I still don’t have pictures yet from this weekend, but I will hopefully tomorrow.  Turns out I need a new cord which I am hoping I can get tomorrow to upload them.

In the meantime, I’ll just show you a small taste of some of the wonderful things I picked up from our getaway.  See if you can guess where I was and who I was with….

CVille Crunch Bread
(which tasted like cake!  Any bread that you can cut with a fork is dangerous)

If you haven’t guessed by now, you’ll get the full details tomorrow.

I spent most of the day unpacking, doing laundry and cleaning.  I did find time to sneak away to the gym for Body Pump and had the weirdest thing happen during class.

We were half way into the squat track and I was holding just as much weight as I normally do.  I started to notice an odd pain in my left elbow but tried to ignore it until the song was over.  Well with about 30 seconds left, I suddenly felt my elbow lock and I completely lost my balance and grip on the bar.  The entire bar dropped and the weights came crashing down. Thankfully, I didn’t seriously hurt myself but it was so scary.  That has never happened to me before and aside from making a complete fool of myself, I don’t think I did any real damage.  My elbow still has a dull pain which makes me think it may have been a nerve and not a muscle pull. Has that every happened to any of you?

Anyways, after my hazardous workout, I cam home and ate lunch.

Salad of Romaine, Cabbage, Beets, Apple, Roasted Sweet Potato and Asparagus, Goat Cheese, Hummus (carmel apple hummus!), Dijon

Toly and I went to a work event in the evening which was a blast.  My company owns a suite at a entertainment complex and we get to take business clients to certain events.  Tonight, there was a hockey game so I invited a few of my clients and we enjoyed the game in the box with all you can eat and drink.  Even if you’re not a sports fan, watching a game in a suite is always fun.

Hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Fun fun! I saw Kath’s post so I know just where you were! I hope your elbow feels better soon!

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 13, 2011 at 9:41 pm

sounds scary! glad your elbow is ok. i’ve had my knee do a similar thing while running… all of the sudden it just gives out and i stumble to the ground. it’s never been super serious or painful… just embarrassing!

i’m super jealous of the cville crunch :)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats November 13, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Caramel apple hummus?! Please elaborate! :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 13, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Ahhh you went to Kath’s GH! Omgggg jeal.

CJ @ http:// healthy-happy-whole.com November 14, 2011 at 6:59 am

Any hockey game is fun but they really are amazing in a suite!!! Glad u had a good weekend girl! Breakfast looks delicious :-)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 14, 2011 at 7:31 am

Hope your elbow is alright!! :)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 14, 2011 at 7:55 am

That bread sounds incredible!

Glad you’re ok! I’m always worried I’m going to drop my weights at Pump for some reason!!

Rebecca November 14, 2011 at 9:22 am

You were with Kath! (I may or may not have seen the post on her blog…)

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 14, 2011 at 9:52 am

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear about the body pump mishap. That hasn’t happened to me, but I did get a major foot cramp once in class. That was kind of embarrassing but not toooo bad.

PS – Salad looks super yummy!

Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files November 14, 2011 at 10:39 am

the vanilla almond butter sounds amazing!

Lauren November 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm

It is!!!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 14, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I saw on Kath’s blog you all had a really nice time together!! Glad you got to bring home some deliciousness with you too. :)

I’m sorry about your elbow and your experience in BodyPump! I actually just had a weird elbow injury last week too. I’ve never had any issues with my elbow, but for whatever reason, it totally popped out of place as I was STRETCHING of all things! It hurt pretty bad, and I still have no idea what exactly happened. It was very sore for a few days, and I can still feel it a little almost 5 days later.

Lauren November 14, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Hey Ashley! Thanks for stopping by. :)
Yeah, such a weird thing about the elbow. I guess it just shows that no matter how in-shape you think you are, we’re never invincible. Hope yours feels better too! :)