Friday Favorites

by Lauren on December 23, 2011

I’m not sure who to credit for being the originator of this idea, but I always look forward to seeing my girl Kristin post about her favorite superlatives every Friday.  I love the idea and I love her so I’m stealing it for the time being.

Favorite Song of Late:

I love me some John Legend and I only really listen to Mariah during Christmas.  Such a cute song and it makes me smile every time I hear it.

Favorite Holiday Memory:

Today would have been my Grandpa’s birthday.  (I can’t remember what year this would have been for him but I want to say 87??) We would usually celebrate Christmas and his birthday with them on the 23rd.  RIP Grandpa!  <3

Favorite “Awwww” Moment:

Source

Just precious!

Favorite Words to Live By:

Source

Favorite Look:

I’ve rocked the long dress short, blouse, heel look in the past and it’s one of my favorites.  I’m also digging the messy loose curls this girl is wearing.  Professional yet chic.

Favorite Salad This Week:

Arugula, Cabbage, Grapefruit, Avocado, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Pan Seared Salmon, Honey Goat Cheese

Favorite DYI Project:

Source

Lights in wine bottles.  Simple but so clever.

Favorite Bite:

Source

Chocolate covered frozen banana bites.  How adorable!

Favorite Reads:

25 Meat-Free Substitutions

30 Dairy-Free Recipe Substitutions

7 Reasons to Rethink your Blogging Strategy

Ben Stein’s Christmas Confessions

What are some of your favorites this week?

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 23, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I’ve never heard this song before! Love it :)

Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats December 23, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Santa Baby is sooo adorable! Also love the sound of that honey goat cheese. Trader Joe’s? Happy Friday!

glidingcalm December 23, 2011 at 10:30 pm

ooo i love john legend, and was a big mariah fan back in the day…. that song is sweet!

i love that diy project! I’ve done a bunch of those this week!!

andddddddddddd that salad looks delicious!!

sweet of you to give a shout out to your grandpa!

happy holidays, Lauren!

Allegra December 24, 2011 at 9:13 am

I had to tell you – we JUST got Chobani in Canada, at 65 grocery stores, and I made a road trip on Thursday night to stock up! Your breakfasts convinced me it was definitely worth the drive, and they are officially my favourite Greek yogurt. I got the strawberry, peach, pomegranate, and black cherry.

My favourite Christmas music this week has been Michael Buble’s Christmas album! Reminds me of Bing Crosby and the old greats. Merry Christmas Eve!!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 24, 2011 at 9:53 am

My mom has one of those wine bottles with Christmas lights. Although she didn’t DIY, I think it was purchased at a craft fair. Either way, it’s a nice, classy decoration!

Merry Christmas Lauren!

Chelcie @ Chelcies food files December 24, 2011 at 2:13 pm

That salad combo sound amazing, I am obsessed with honey goat cheese!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ December 25, 2011 at 5:19 pm

my favorite of next week is having lunch with YOU! i hope you had an amazing holiday!!! we need to catch up and if you need ANYTHING you know u can always call me.
xoxoxox