Favorite Flavors of the Week

by Lauren on January 24, 2012

Tuesdays are usually quite dull.  I’m not exactly sure why it works out that way, but I find that Tuesday is always the least exciting day of my week.

So I’m making an attempt to liven things up with a few favorite flavors of the week.

Starting with dessert of course!

Favorite Dessert of The Week:

Berries and Cottage Cheese with (Almond Butter Granola Ball->recipe here)

Favorite Playlist of the Week:

The Head & The Heart- Down in the Valley
James Morrison- Better Man
Citizen Cope- Sideways
Norah Jones- The Long Day is Over
Jason Mraz ft. Colbee Callet – Lucky
Adele- Best for Last
Ray Lamontagne- Let it Be Me
Ernie Halter- Whisper
Keane- Show Me What I’m Looking For
John Mayer- Gravity
Amos Lee- In the Arm of a Woman

This playlist is beautiful to unwind with at the end of the day.  I listen to it while cooking dinner, even better sipping on a glass of wine.

Favorite Breakfast of the Week:

• Kashi Go Lean
  • Vanilla Protein Powder
  • Dry Oats
  • Banana
  • Blueberries
  • Almond Slices
  • Flax
  • Sunflower Nut Butter
  • Almond Milk
I can not get enough of this cereal bowl.  Quite a lot for a bowl of cereal but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  It’s loaded with texture, flavor, fiber and protein.  An ideal breakfast of sorts.

Favorite Sip of the Week:

Green tea + lemongrass + spearmint = yum!

Favorite Workout of the Week:

30 Min Express Body Pump Copy Cat Workout
100 Squats
50 Chest Press (lying on back with bar or dumb bells)
4 Cling n’ Press > 3 bent over rows> rest for a beat > 7 wide grip rows (with bar) x 3
10 tricep dips > tricep extension right arm (5 lb dumb bell) > 10 tricep dips > tricep extension left arm (5 lb dumb bell)
10 right leg lunge, 10 squats, 10 left leg lunge x 2
10 bicep curls, 10 bottom half curls, 10 bicep curls
10 Overhead Press (bar or dumb bell), 10 latteral raises (with dumb bell) x 2
10 Crunches, 10 bicycle crunches
I made this up over the weekend when I realized I wasn’t going to make my body pump class.  I was actually quite impressed with myself at how well rounded and intense it turned out.

Favorite Leftover of the Week:

My Greek Turkey Burgers are serving as great salad lunch leftovers this week.

Favorite Dinner of the Week (so far):

Coconut Crusted Scallops

Adding on….Coconut Crusted Salad, Arugula, Blood Orange and Avocado Salad, Roasted Asparagus

Favorite Blog Posts of the Week:

Little Confessions – Healthy Tipping Point
My Doable-Detox – The Daily Crumb
Top Uses for Prepared Pesto– A Nutritionist Eats
Two-Bite Almond Butter Granola Bars – Nuts About Granola (okay so this one is mine but just thought I’d throw it in there. :)

What are some of your favorites this week?

25 thoughts on “Favorite Flavors of the Week”

1. Emilie says:

What a great post. I love the favourites of the week its such a good idea. That dessert looks so yummy I have to try that! Also those coconut crusted scallops look so divine I have to try that!

2. tara says:

Do you blend the milk with the powder before adding the cereal, and fruit and nut butter to the breakfast bowl? Or do you just mix it by spoon…or pour it over it all?

Lately I’ve been eating rice cakes with every single meal of the day. Lots of them. A lot of your meals look grainless…I don’t have that willpower :)

1. Lauren says:

Nope, I just add it right into the milk. It makes a thick creamy paste like substance over the cereal. Totally delicious!

I have been cutting back on starches for some health-related reasons. Not too seriously but just watching it a little more.

3. my favorite dessert right now is cottage cheese too! I cant believe I didn’t eat it for so long.

4. Karen says:

My favorite snack this week is the Apple Cinnamon Chobani – I can’t get enough of this new flavor!

1. Lauren says:

Me too!! Did you try it with the Johnny Apple Seed granola?

2. Emily says:

ahhh i have a cup of the new apple cinnamon in my fridge…im going to have to try that tomorrow!

5. Emily says:

we have basically the EXACT taste in music! and that almond butter granola ball looks sinfully good..who needs cookies? im SO glad you’re blogging at nuts about granola now for these amazing new recipes!

1. Lauren says:

Awww, thanks Emily! Me too!

6. Have you heard Jason Mraz’s new song, “I Won’t Give Up”? SUCH A GREAT SONG! I got it off of iTunes and seriously can’t stop listening to it! Def check it out!

1. Lauren says:

Love that song!!! Adding that one to my playlist. :) Thanks for the reminder.

7. Coconut crusted scallops sound amazing. I’m dying to try scallops.

8. I really dislike Tuesdays. They are the worst day of the week!!!

9. I made pancakes this week that turned out pretty good! So that was a highlight :)

10. Tuesdays are the worst… but it’s always Mondays that get the bad rep. I am loving Adele’s Fire through the Rain and Mama Peas Homemade Gingerbread Clif bars.

1. Lauren says:

Such a great song!

11. thank you for the link love, friend!

i love that play list — seems like we have the same music style :) is there anything better than cooking dinner with a soothing soundtrack and a glass of red wine?

have a great night!

1. Lauren says:

Every time I listen to John Mayer, I have to be drinking wine. It’s subconscious. :)

12. EricA says:

Great play list. Gravity-fabulous song. And im a huge fan of burger salad bowls. Favorites this week? Chocolate pb protein, the warm weather, baby carrots, coffee, teaching attack and pump two times each this week

13. We have very similar taste in music :) So far this week it would have to the pickles I just bought and celebrating National Peanut Butter Day all week!

14. Lily says:

Hi Lauren, Where do you buy the zero calorie Tazo green tea? I

1. Lauren says:

I buy mine at Wegmans. I think I’ve seen them at most grocery stores though.

15. Lily says:

Thanks Lauren – I will look for it at Wholefoods.

Comments are closed.