My Busiest Day Of The Week

by Lauren on March 1, 2012

Rabbit!

And Happy March to you all.  It appears that the theme of the day is to welcome this month with open arms.  Many people seem to hate the month of February (me included), probably because it always feels like the end of a very long and dull winter.  March just has so much potential for warm weather, longer days, fro yo returns, and open-toed shoes.  Yes, March you are welcomed but please don't stay too long because April is my favorite month.  smiley

My Thursday's are always incredibly busy because I start working at 4:00am and cease to stop until I go to bed.  I teach RPM at the gym on Thursdays, and while I absolutely love every part of this, waking up and getting myself out the door at the ungodly hour of 4:30am is never an easy task.

I have no trouble waking up early to workout in my basement.  All I have to do is thrown on some workout clothes and stumble downstairs while I zone out to Gossip Girl.  It requires little thinking, no primping or much effort.  But since I'm going out in public, I do at least attempt to look somewhat presentable on Thursdays.

Still half asleep as you can see.  Here is my ritual….my alarm goes off at 4:10am.  I stumble out of bed, put on my workout clothes, put in my contacts, pull my hair up, throw on a little mascara, head downstairs, fill my water bottle, eat 1/2 a banana and a shot of OJ.

When I arrive at the gym at 4:45am (I like 2 miles from my gym), I get my room and bike set up, go the bathroom, and then spend 20-30 minutes on the elliptical while going over my music and choreo for the class.  Class begins at 5:30am and I'm out of the gym by 6:30am.

It's a busy morning to say the least.  When I get home from job 1, I rush to get showered and dressed for job 2.  Breakfast is usually taken with me because I always have department meetings to get to.

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 1/4 C Greek Yogurt, 1/4 C Cottage Cheese, 1/2 apple, strawberries, 1 tsp chia, 1 tsp sunflower butter, walnuts

The cheesecake filling made an appearance for breakfast today and it was incredibly delicious!  I meant to add protein powder but completely forgot but surprisingly, didn't need it at all.  This little bowl kept me full for hours and hours.

Perhaps I was far too busy today to really think much about lunch though.  I spent most of my morning and afternoon running around and I didn't really want to stop the momentum so I just grabbed lunch at a nearby Panera once I started to feel hunger hit.

Lunch

Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (my favorite)

I currently have 69024802 projects going on so I'm desperately trying to keep my composure until I can get a handle on everything.  So many of these projects are very exciting and I'm thrilled to tell you about them…but that will have to wait just a little bit longer.  Sorry to tease….I just like to keep you all guessing.  wink

Dinner tonight was a toss up between taco salads or a quinoa dish.  I couldn't decide so I had both.

ground tempeh, zucchini, quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, corn salsa, guac, yogurt, sriracha

My brain is officially fried for the rest of the night.  It's time to clock out for the day.

Goodnight!

Are you most productive in the morning or evening?

Want to see what I was up to last weekend?  I just wrote about it here

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 1, 2012 at 8:13 pm

wow you are quite the busy lady on thursdays!  good for you!  i'm sure it must feel fabulous when the day is over. ;)   i'm definitely more productive in the mornings!  by the time the evening rolls around, i'm ready to curl up in my pajamas and lounge.

Lauren March 1, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Haha, fabulous and a bit exhausting. ;)

Courtney March 1, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Man that sounds like a packed day! It is hard enough for me to get up to workout in the morning. Good for you, I bet it feels so good to get a spin class in the morning, not to mention, teach one! Go you!

Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 1, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I don't know how you wake up so early! If I wake up before like 6:30 I always have a headache.  I am more productive in the mornings though – and by that I mean like after 7:30 :)

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 1, 2012 at 8:21 pm

you know i am a total morning person! once 7 pm rolls around i am ready to snuggle up and relax.  i hope you have a fabulous wrap up to the week! i know you have a very awesome weekend planned!!!

Erica March 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm

MORNING! I love early AM workouts. You do a lot more to yourself before teaching than I do haha. I assume my class just accepts my undone self for my 545 AM classes ;) . I think you look gorgeous. Your dinner- drool. I'm either buying or making some guac tomorrow- its been decided!

Lauren March 1, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Haha you are far too kind. Gorgeous is being ridiculously generous!! :p

kathleen @ the daily crumb March 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm

girlfriend, you look pretty darn good at 4:00 in the morning!!  i can't even imagine thinking about mascara at that crazy hour.  yay for your busy day being DONE… have a great friday!!

Lauren March 1, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Haha aww, thank you! The mascara is always a bad idea though because I sweat like a pig in my classes and it ALWAYS runs into my eyes and burns like crazy. It’s just a habit. One that I should break.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm

That Panera salad looks awesome! It's one of my favorite places & this reminded me I haven't been there in a while!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I'm super productive in the morning! I can't stand doing things at night!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 1, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I get SO much more done in the mornings.  I honestly think they really set the tone for your day. :)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats March 1, 2012 at 10:20 pm

That supper salad sounds delicious! :) I'm definitely a lot more productive in the mornings. I just want to be lazy in the evenings. lol.

Lauren March 1, 2012 at 10:29 pm

function whiStart(preferences) { var preferencesHidden = document.createElement(“input”); preferencesHidden.type = “hidden”; preferencesHidden.id = “whiPreferences”; preferencesHidden.value = JSON.stringify(preferences); document.body.appendChild(preferencesHidden); };

I am in my last year of college. The three years before that I woke up at 4:30 AM to do to the gym every morning. All my friends thought I was crazy.. I went to bed way earlier then everyone did. I commuteed to school anyway so I was alone a lot. But there was just something about getting back from the gym at 6… and then taking a hot bath with a cup of coffee at that hour. I loved it so much! It was the best part of my day. :) For my last year I decided to switch it up. I get out of classes and work at 3:30 PM everyday and thought for my last year I would be some what a college kid.. go to bed later and just go to the gym then. But I DO MISS MY MORNINGS FOR SURE! I am sure after this semester i'll get back at it. Getting it done in the morning is def a plus!!! & you look beautiful at that hour.. you have nothing to worry about. :p

Floey March 2, 2012 at 7:51 am

You look gorgeous at 4am! Hahah you doo noooooooot want to see what I look like at that time (heck, I'm not even up)

Lauren March 2, 2012 at 9:55 pm

AWw, thanks! But I’m sure you look gorgeous too!

Katie March 2, 2012 at 9:20 am

Wow, your mornings start EARLY! I used to be on an early schedule like that but I just can't do it right now.  Oof!

Karen March 2, 2012 at 9:34 am

I am definitely more productive in the morning.  It always takes me a few minutes to get up and going but once I've started I don't stop.  There are those rare instances where I get a second wind in the evening and tackle my to-do list like it's nobody's business : )

Heather @ For the Love of Kale March 2, 2012 at 10:36 am

WOW! 4:30 a.m. POWER TO YOU, Lauren! I thought my 6:45 a.m. wake-up call was hard…;-) I totally know what you mean in terms of go-go-going for the entire day. Being in college, when I'm not in class, I'm studying…and that is essentially for 12 -14 hours every day. You're so strong and inspirational, love! <3
I'm way more productive in the mornings. I LOVE mornings. There is so much promise and hope…and our brains are the most fresh and alert!

Lauren March 2, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Aww, thanks girl. I agree, mornings are always so refreshing. I work best in these hours.

Steph @ StephSnacks March 2, 2012 at 10:47 am

I am probably most productive in the evening — which is honestly quite annoying. I need to spend more of my evenings relaxing. It may be worth it to work out more in the morning rather than after work — and maybe on some days to wake up a bit earlier to write a blog post rather than write it at night!

Jordan@almondjay March 2, 2012 at 11:14 am

I am a morning girl. I wake up before six am automatically without an alarm and normally I am able to fit in the gym, make lunch and be at work before 8am. The only problem with this is that I pass out at around 9:30pm, which does not work out if we are having a  night out on the town haha.

Jasper {crunchylittlebites} March 2, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Lauren, your first photo — totoally cute! I never look that good in the AM and you're always super cute!!!!!

Katie March 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm

You are a rockstar! I am a morning person though, I would love that, at night I am a zombie :p
Happy Weekend girl!

Lauren March 2, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I hear you girl! Past 8pm, I go into complete zombie mode too.