These Are What Weekends Are Made Of

by Lauren on March 18, 2012

What a refreshing weekend.  The next few weekends, I will be traveling so I made the most out of this one and did absolutely everything I had been meaning to do but kept putting off.

Sleep In!

Breakfasts on weekends just taste better when you have all the time in the world to enjoy them.

2 Kashi Waffles, Vanilla TJ's 0% Greek Yogurt, Banana, Raspberries, Almond Butter, Chia, Sliced Almonds

Run Outside!

I finally laced up my sneakers to got in a wonderful 4 mile run outside.  It has been months since I've run outside and it felt incredible.  I forgot to turn on my GPS on my Garmin but I ran four about 45 minutes, guessing I covered 4-5 miles.

Dress For Summer!

Oh yes, bright colors are in this season and I was rocking them all weekend.  Nothing makes me more happy than to be wearing sun dresses and wedges in March.

A Trip to the Farmers Market!

I had no plans on Saturday so I actually had the entire afternoon to leisurely enjoy the city of Lancaster.  I visited the Central Market, browsed shops, ate an amazing vegan wrap from an adorable cafe, bought myself some gorgeous roses, sipped on a carrot, apple, and wheat grass juice and loved every single second of it all.

I was getting tired of my Pumpkin Protein Bars and decided to try a new variation.  Banana Protein Muffins.  Three different kinds because I couldn't decide what I wanted and muffins are perfect for customizing.

Discover a New Favorite Lunch

It was amazing.  The end.

In case you haven't noticed, I make salads for a living.  Or else, I probably should.  It's become my favorite past time.

It was definitely one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. I feel relaxed, refreshed, and ready for the next few weeks of craziness.

Hoping your's was just as wonderful as mine.

In Case You Missed It: I'm having a giveaway to try Trop50's new Red Orange Juice.  Click here to enter!  You have until Tuesday.

27 thoughts on “These Are What Weekends Are Made Of”

1. oh my goodness all of the food looks amazing!!!  and your outfit… so cute, lady :)  have a wondeful night!

2. Lauren says:

I LOVE your outfit! The turquoise/orangy/coral color combination is my favorite this year. Please tell me you have a recommendation for a good self tanning lotion because your skin looks amazing too :) And yes, your salads are making me hungry right now! Yum!

1. Lauren says:

Thanks!! Actually, I think it’s the lighting that’s making my skin look so dark. I’m definitely not that tan but I do use a Jergan’s Natural Glow lotion and Bare Minerals bronzers. Oh and spray tans are a wonderful thing. :)

3. Girl, you look gorgeous in those summer colors! :)
    Do you have a recipe for those banana protein muffins? I could use a good protein muffin recipe (that I can SUCCESSFULLY make…)

1. Lauren says:

Thanks girl! I will post the recipe soon. It was surprisingly REALLY easy and if I can make them, than anyone can. Trust me! πŸ˜‰

4. Sounds like a FABULOUS weekend!!!!

5. Kelly says:

I love those wedges! Where are they from?!

6. Mandy says:

Hi Lauren,  love your blog!  Your food presentations always look amazing, the pics should be in a magazine!  :)  That dress is so cute, love the color combo.  Have a great week!

1. Lauren says:

Hey Mandy! You’re so sweet. :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

7. Awesome dress and great eats! :)

8. It sounds strange but I truly suck at making salads! They should be the most simple thing to make, right? I can never get them to turn out – I don't know what I do wrong!

9. Emily says:

Sounds like the perfect weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (:
    Love your dress and wedges! I'm itching for it to be summertime already…bring on the bright colors and sandals!

10. Clare says:

Such a gorgeous dress! And cute shoes πŸ˜‰ All the food looks SO good.. yum!

1. Lauren says:

Thanks Clare!

11. EricA says:

What a wonderful weekend! I swear, running outside is the best therapy! You look amazing. Want the dress and the wedges.

1. Lauren says:

Thanks love!! :)

12. Jessica Daly says:

Wish we could have taken on Central Market and shopping together!  Maybe next time :)
    Your outfit is absolutely adorable.

13. Liz says:

Love farmers' markets. Have you been to Saturday's near Hummelstown or York's Central Market?

14. it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.  I wish I could have joined you saturday hun.  I have actually never been to lancaster central market!  I hope all is well and cant wait to catch up soon!!

15. Love your salad combos! I made a great one last night — savory tofu, grape leaves, oats, and sauteed mushrooms. I loved every last bite.

16. I'm right there with you on the salads! I make meal salads daily.
    Cute dress too!

17. Karen says:

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend – you totally deserve it!

18. Lisa says:

Your spring outfit is too cute! I'm in love with your dress, where did you get it from? Your salads always look so yummy, ahh I'm so excited for spring! Enjoy your week :)

19. im feeling the same way! wahooo for sundresses and wedges in March!  This PA weather has been crazy lately.

20. Rachael says:

I have been a (mostly) silent reader for a few years and just want to say that you are looking so healthy! It looks like your new diet and exercise routine are working well for you. Love your blog! All the best.

1. Lauren says:

You have no idea how much that means to me. :) Thank you so much for your sweet words!

Comments are closed.