What I Loved on a Thursday

by Lauren on March 21, 2012

Thank you all for your well wishes on what seemed to be quite a painful day yesterday.  The good news is, the hand is much better.  The bad news, the heel seems to be worse.  There is definitely pain when I try to run and when I walk barefoot.  If I have shoes on, it's not as bad.  I'm really hoping it's just a weird muscle thing and nothing like plantar fasciitis; however, the location of the pain makes me think it could be.  Ugh, does anyone know what to do for that?

Let's move on to brighter things, like everything I was loving about today.

Starting with breakfast….

Love

This new flavor from Nuts About Granola.  Now seeing as it's kind of my job to eat granola, I don't mind incorporating it almost every day but I swear these flavors just keep getting better and better.  Muddy Waffles is just as it sounds, maple pecan granola with real bits of waffle pieces.  I'd like to pour this over a bowl of fro-yo.  But before I do that, I started with my cereal bowl.

Kashi Go Lean Cinnamon Crunch, Natures Path Flax Flakes, Blueberries, Banana, Muddy Waffles Granola, Almond Butter, Almond Milk

Love

(Lunch #1)

This is by far my favorite smoothie from my local health food store.  Almond Milk, Banana, Spirulina and Spinach. I grabbed this on the way to a meeting at 11am.  I knew my meeting wouldn't be out until close to 2pm so I also planned ahead and got myself a turkey wrap for afterwards. Which leads me to my next love….

Love

(lunch #2)

Smoked Turkey, Kale, Cucumbers, Olives, Spinach Pecan Pesto in a Whole Wheat Tortilla

So this was delicious.  As soon as the woman told me about the spinach pecan pesto, I was immediately sold.  She said she just made some that morning and it turned out fantastic. Boy was she right.

I ate half after my meeting and saved the other half for lunch tomorrow.  I guess this makes up for my lost lunch from yesterday.

Love

My friend turned me on to this group today.  I've heard of some of their stuff before but I've been rocking them out on my Pandora all day now and I can't get enough.

Love

The color green today apparently.  Most of my meals have been heavy on the green (which isn't unusual for me) but today more so than usual.

This was dinner.  It was put together on a whim but incredibly tasty.  Spinach, spaghetti squash, roasted broccoli, asparagus, edamame, with a mix of hummus and balsamic and topped with a little grilled chicken and nooch.

Random but delicious.

Love

Spring!  Happy Spring everyone!

What is one thing you loved about today?

Kimberley March 21, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Aww i love city and colour too :) I recently just started listening and they came to where i lived (canada) and performed a couple weeks ago, and it was even better live!
PS: I love having two part meals :)

Lauren March 21, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I would love to hear them live!

Erica March 21, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Oh no! Hope the issue magically goes away….That granola sounds ridiculous good. What a flavor. Pesto=winner! And I had edamame for lunch too- amazing. My loves from today- time with my Mom, soy mistos, sunshine, flip flops and dresses!

Lauren March 21, 2012 at 8:38 pm

LOVING dresses this season! And you aren’t going to believe this but I passed on a soy misto today. I know, I was shocked! I hope I’m okay. :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 21, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I did not like anything about today. In fact, it was horrendous! I never am negative, so it pains me to even say that. The best part about today will be when it's over!

PS – I hope your heel feels better soon!

Lauren March 21, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about your bad day. Email/message me if you want to talk hun. :) <3 xoxo

Karen March 21, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I love that it is officially Spring!!  Bring on the flowers and sunshine!  I saw that Sweet Frog is so close to opening…we must have a yogurt date!

Lauren March 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I’m in! :)

Becca March 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your foot. Hopefully it starts to feel better soon.  I love everything about spring :) the cute clothes, the weather is usually a fantastic temperature to enjoy the outdoors.. Eating on the patio, going for long walks, having the windows down in the car. I could go on and on about how much I love spring.

Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 21, 2012 at 9:23 pm

That granola looks really good! I loved taking my dog on a walk this evening – warm day coming to an end with a crisp breeze coming in, it was great!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 21, 2012 at 9:28 pm

City and Colour is SO good!! And so is food that's green!! :)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats March 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Sounds like you had a fantastic day! :) One thing I loved about today was actually taking the time to do some baking and make myself a tasty dinner.

Kristin March 21, 2012 at 10:03 pm

If it is plantar fasciitis, get a hard ball (like a golf ball, baseball, or raquet ball) and put it under the arch of your aching foot and put all of your body weight on it and roll it back and forth.  It will help stretch out the area.  Also, self massage it by pressing your thumb along the bottom of your foot and pressing forward and backward.  Stretching your calves will also help a lot!!  I had great success with the brace that you can buy at the drug store, too.  Finally, deep tissue massage helped me.  Sorry to bombard you with info…I dealt with plantar fasciitis from August until February so I've tried everything and the things I listed worked best!

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:03 am

Thanks so much for the suggestions Kristin!

kathleen @ the daily crumb March 21, 2012 at 10:13 pm

i loved my al fresco lunch date!  the weather is amazing here.  and oh, how i wish it was thursday :)

Clare March 21, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I'm definitely loving the green smoothies too.. so simple but YUM :) And as a massive granola fan – 'muddy waffles' sounds to die for!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 21, 2012 at 11:58 pm

that spinach pecan pesto wrap sure does sound incredible!
one thing i loved today was the bright and clear blue skies and warmer temps! :)

Melissa @TryingtoHeal March 22, 2012 at 12:21 am

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're in pain! I need to go back to your previous post to see what happened (I'm so behind on blog reading, sorry!).  I do hope you feel better asap though!

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:03 am

I think it’s plantar fasciitis. :(

Kelly March 22, 2012 at 1:01 am

I've had PF for several years.  If the pain gets better after you walk on it a few minutes, could. be PF.  I've found rolling my arch on a frozen water bottle helps a ton.  Also, stretch out your calves LOTS.  Let me know of you want more suggestions and good luck!

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:02 am

Yes and the pain is the worst when I walk barefoot. Having shoes on makes it bearable. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 22, 2012 at 8:10 am

I think I need to try that granola.  I think i told you granola is one of my biggest fear foods, but Sarah's eases my mind because I know it is quality and delicious.  Plus who doesnt love to support a local business! Maybe we could venture to LCM and get some together :-)
I loved that my husband visited me for lunch at work yesterday! its always a fabulous way to break up the day <3

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:14 am

Yes, I definitely think a trip to the market is in order. :) Ps- I can’t seem to comment on your blog for some reason. Just didn’t want you to think I wasn’t there. <3

Emily March 22, 2012 at 10:09 am

This looks like a tasty day of eats :) Hope your heel gets better!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 22, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I definitely love looking at our surprising snow from last night!  Sorry the foots not getting any better :/

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Ah, I heard about the freak snow out west. Crazy how one side is summer and the other is snowing.

laura March 22, 2012 at 1:44 pm

i LOVED today (well, yesterday) because my boyfriend proposed to me!!!  i of course said yes :)

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Congrats girl!!!!

Lisa March 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Yikes on the foot pain, I hope everything turns out okay and it is not PF! I'm glad your day was a lot better than yesterday. Today I am loving that it is the first day of the week that has not rained! It finally feels like spring :)

Miranda @ Biting Life March 22, 2012 at 6:40 pm

So jealous of that wrap!! Looks so good :)
Hope your foot pain gets better! The frozen water bottle & golf ball are good suggestions, but I definitely wouldn't waste money on the foot brace – it cost like $40 and didn't work for me at all. Look up calf streches (especially for the soleus muscle) online and try doing them every morning and night.

Lauren March 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for the heads up!