Thursday Loves {For Real This Time}

by Lauren on March 22, 2012

Well I'm not sure how many of you picked up on it, but apparently I was under the assumption that yesterday was in fact Thursday.  And I'm  not talking it was one of those times when it just felt like a different day, this was a legitimate, full on, belief that I was living yesterday as it was Thursday.  So I apologize for the confusing post title and I'm requesting a redo.

Now that today actually was Thursday, I have a new set of Thursday loves for you.

That these roses are only getting bigger and more beautiful each day.

Best $10 I ever spent on flowers.  I never want them to die!!!

Still loving the bright colors for spring.  This is saying a lot because I'm not usually a bright color kind of gal when it comes to my wardrobe.

I also love that I FINALLY got a pedicure so I can justify wearing open toed shoes now.  I really shouldn't have been allowed to break out the wedges until I had one.

Speaking of feet, thank you for all of your suggestions with my heel.  After doing some research, I'm fairly certain that it is plantar's fasciitis but ever since doing the stretches and icing, it's gotten a lot better.

Get ready for this one because it's one you'll want to bookmark.  Trust me on this.

• 1/4 cup steel cut oats
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp chia
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup whipped cottage cheese (whipped works best but you could sub regular)
  • 2 drops of liquid stevia

Bring oats, milk, water, chia and salt to a boil.  Reduce heat and stir, stir, stir.  When the oats have absorbed most of the liquid, add the egg white, cottage cheese and stevia and whip your little heart out until your oats expand (about twice the size).  They will get fluffy and creamy and taste just like a bowl of cheesecake.

There is nothing wrong with eating deconstructed cheesecake for breakfast.  Absolutely nothing wrong at all.

Oh my heavens this is by far my new favorite flavor from Siggi's.  Orange Ginger reigned until today.

Grilled veggies.  Every year, I fall in love with my grill all over again.  Tonight's dinner was simply a medley of grilled eggplant, zucchini, and broccoli over spinach with a grilled spinach and feta turkey burger (from my freezer), with hummus and balsamic.

It was amazing.

This girl and her incredible talent and passion.  Please go check out her latest project.  She is trying to raise money for a very worthy film and I'm certain that one day soon, we'll all be seeing her accepting her academy award as she thanks the blog world and all of you.

That I leave for Boston in the morning. I can't tell you how excited I am for this weekend trip.  I'm planning on meeting a few wonderful people out there as well as attending the Blog Better Boston Conference.  It's going to be a weekend of knowledge, experience, friendship and so much more.

Now, I hope you all loved everything about today.  Go enjoy the rest of your night!

Have you ever been to Boston?  Any suggestions on things I should look for?

22 thoughts on “Thursday Loves {For Real This Time}”

1. This week has dragged, right? Yesterday should have been Thursday.

2. EricA says:

Haha.. I never know what day it is :). The roses are amazing!!! And your bright top is super cute. Have an absolute blast in boston!!!!

3. Alaina says:

Yeah Boston!!!! :-)
    Have a safe trip and I'll see you tomorrow! BTW you look adorable in those wedges.

1. Lauren says:

Can’t wait! Thanks hun.

4. Meg says:

well aren't you miss gorgeous πŸ˜€ love love love the outfit πŸ˜€

5. Have a great weekend and enjoy your trip!! I'm going to get a pedicure tomorrow, and I can't wait!

6. those wedges are HOT!  go pedicure!  and thank you for the shoutout too!!!

7. Safe travels! I love the sound of cheesecake oats and pedicures in the spring. Happy (real) Thursday! Ugh, I bet waking up this morning to find it wasn't Friday was a little bit of a downer. Hope it was a good day despite it!

8. Emily says:

This week has been so weird. My days have been all mixed up too!
    So jealous of your freshly pampered feet. I'm in desperate need of a pedicure!

9. j.p. licks!  amazing fro yo.  shop on newbury street (your wallet will hate you) and i had an amazing dinner at sonsie.  have fun, friend!!  xo

10. Asuma says:

Glad to hear your heel's feeling better! Now you can enjoy your Boston trip without the pain πŸ˜‰ I must give this cheesecake oats a try! I loved the cottage cheese + greek yoghurt combination before, so I'm surely going to falling for this one too from the first spoonful πŸ˜€

11. I really need/want a pedicure too! Enjoy your trip to Boston! I've never been, but it's a city I definitely want to visit!

12. I love Boston!! Wooot! That outfit is fierce! Haha :)

13. travel safely!!! i hope you have an amazing time! i too love sandals and gave myself a pedicure this weekend so I could wear open toes but oh my gosh do they need a professional.  Perhaps in a few weeks we could go together :-)

1. Lauren says:

You got it! :) <3

14. Have a great weekend and have fun at the conference!!!

15. Karen says:

I hope you have a great time in Boston!!  I love those shoes you have on in that picture…totally cute!

16. ErikaMC says:

I actually read your post on Thursday so it made sense to me and I didn't even notice. Cottage cheese in oatmeal scares me but I keep seeing it more and more so maybe I should try it.

1. Mmm, yes cottage cheese in oatmeal is AMAZING. I could probably eat it every day!

2. Lauren says:

Yes, do give it a try. It scared me at first but I think the whipped makes all of the difference.

17. Lisa says:

Love the outfit and all the eats!! I love grilled veggies, I was hoping yesterday we could fire up the grill but it looks like it will be today instead!  Have tons of fun in Boston this weekend :)

Comments are closed.