Weekend Recovery

by Lauren on April 1, 2012

Despite having a total let down this weekend by finding out I was unable to go to DC for the Cherry Blossom Race, it didn't turn out half as bad as I thought it would.

I was able to actually sleep in.  I'm not sure why, but this week I've been abnormally tired.  I took this opportunity to sleep in as long as I could on both days and I couldn't have been happier with that decision.

I woke up Saturday morning without a care.  I had no where to be, no workouts to complete, no appointments to get to.  It was bliss.

I was also paid a visit by this handsome little fella.

Oh it's been FAR too long since I've had my fix of this love.  I swear he changes so much every time I see him.

This is by far my favorite picture I took this weekend.  Please ignore the disgust from the bottom of my slipper.  The poor child needs a bath after touching that thing.

Despite being cooped up in rainy weather, I managed to embrace the new month by welcoming spring with a new batch of flowers.

I also found myself with a few huge cravings.  One being frozen yogurt and the other being cookie dough.  We had no fro-yo or cookie dough but I became desperate and found a recipe that only required 3 ingredients and could be made in the matter of moments.

Saturday night, I was ready to get out of the house and persuaded Toly to take me to dinner and a movie.  We went to one of our favorite spots for dinner, Mount Hill Tavern.  The food is always good and we always seem to enjoy ourselves there.

I had their special which was an Arctic Char over Swiss Chard and Squash with a Lemon Garlic Sauce.

The fish was incredible.  I think this may have been my first experience with Arctic Char and I was beyond impressed.  It's similar to a salmon but with more of a trout flavor.  The sauce I could have done without.  A bit too oily for me.

We then saw The Hunger Games, finally!  The movie has been out only a week but I feel like I am one of the last people to see it.  It was good but I expected it to be good so no disappointment there.

Today was spent catching up on cleaning.  I was away last weekend and even though my husband does a very careful job at not letting the house go to hell, I still feel like it gets so dirty if I skip a week of real cleaning.

Dinner was kept nice and easy tonight.

Amy's Frozen No Cheese Veggie Pizza improvised.  I added grilled peppers, eggplant and zucchini and took the liberty of adding my own preferred goat cheese.

I love this pizza so much.  Really, there is no other frozen pizza that compares for me.

And that is about the extent of my weekend.  So not as bad as I thought but if I've learned anything, it's that I am not good at doing nothing.  The idea always sounds so inviting but when it comes down to it, I need chaos in order to feel complete.

Did you get April Fooled today?

17 thoughts on “Weekend Recovery”

1. Is that your little nephew?! He's gotten so BIG! Those flowers are gorgeous—my blog colors :). Sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. We'll run that race next year, okay?

1. Lauren says:

It is! I know can you believe it. Agreed! Let’s plan on doing that now. :)

2. OMG your nephew has gotten so BIG!!! He's such a cutie, that's for sure! I always feel like if I don't clean one weekend, my house is a disaster by the time I clean again!

3. EricA says:

Im so with you…i cant do nothing! Jealous of your sleeping in!! I still havent tried that amys pizza-i always forget to look for it. No tricks here!!

4. your relaxing weekend sounds lovely :)  and those chocolate chip dough balls… delicious.  have a fabulous week, lady!!

5. Alaina says:

I absolutely love cleaning the apartment. I can't believe how quickly dust accumulates! It's actually relaxing for me.
    Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend!

6. Emily says:

I always have such a hard time doing "nothing". I've never been one to take a day off and just relax- I crave chaos!- but, sometimes it's necessary. I actually took a nap today for the first time in months and it felt amazing.
    It sounds like you had a beautiful weekend. And your nephew is absolutely adorable!

7. Girl, you always find a way to get your servings of veggies.  I'm so impressed. :)

8. Sorry to hear about the race, but it looks like you still had a wonderful weekend. Nice and relaxing! :)

9. sounds like a great weekend!  what is the recipe for those chocolate chip cookie dough balls?  i might just need to make some… 😉

1. Lauren says:

I’ll post it soon! :)

10. I did not get April Fooled yesterday! That pizza loooks so good!

11. Looks like you had a fun, relaxing weekend! I can't believe how big your nephew has gotten!

12. those pictures of your newphew are too cute for words!!!
    ryan and I saw the hunger games this weekend too and I absolutely loved it! i am obviously doing this in reverse but i borrowed all three of the books to start this week!
    hope you had a nice weekend.  sometimes our bodies have not the most fun ways of telling us what they need, but they seem to know whats best <3

13. Katie says:

Your nephew is TOO CUTE! Those eyes!  I have a slight case of baby fever at the moment…
    So glad you got to rest up this weekend.  Sometimes I don't realize until I let myself relax how tired- usually from stress- my whole body really is.
    I got seriously April Fooled yesterday!

14. What an adorable baby! We got april fooled hard core. My sister-in-law through water all over herself to trick us into thinking her pregnancy water broke. Everyone panicked a little and we didn't find it too funny!

15. Lisa says:

How cute is your nephew, adorable. I always get April fooled, I can't take a hint that its a day of jokes, its not too fun. Glad you had time to relax! I always find that once I'm not so busy and sit down for a bit that I really am so tired! Have a great Monday!

Comments are closed.