Weekend Recovery

by Lauren on April 1, 2012

Despite having a total let down this weekend by finding out I was unable to go to DC for the Cherry Blossom Race, it didn't turn out half as bad as I thought it would.

I was able to actually sleep in.  I'm not sure why, but this week I've been abnormally tired.  I took this opportunity to sleep in as long as I could on both days and I couldn't have been happier with that decision.

I woke up Saturday morning without a care.  I had no where to be, no workouts to complete, no appointments to get to.  It was bliss.

I was also paid a visit by this handsome little fella.

Oh it's been FAR too long since I've had my fix of this love.  I swear he changes so much every time I see him.

This is by far my favorite picture I took this weekend.  Please ignore the disgust from the bottom of my slipper.  The poor child needs a bath after touching that thing.

Despite being cooped up in rainy weather, I managed to embrace the new month by welcoming spring with a new batch of flowers.

I also found myself with a few huge cravings.  One being frozen yogurt and the other being cookie dough.  We had no fro-yo or cookie dough but I became desperate and found a recipe that only required 3 ingredients and could be made in the matter of moments.

Saturday night, I was ready to get out of the house and persuaded Toly to take me to dinner and a movie.  We went to one of our favorite spots for dinner, Mount Hill Tavern.  The food is always good and we always seem to enjoy ourselves there.

I had their special which was an Arctic Char over Swiss Chard and Squash with a Lemon Garlic Sauce.

The fish was incredible.  I think this may have been my first experience with Arctic Char and I was beyond impressed.  It's similar to a salmon but with more of a trout flavor.  The sauce I could have done without.  A bit too oily for me.

We then saw The Hunger Games, finally!  The movie has been out only a week but I feel like I am one of the last people to see it.  It was good but I expected it to be good so no disappointment there.

Today was spent catching up on cleaning.  I was away last weekend and even though my husband does a very careful job at not letting the house go to hell, I still feel like it gets so dirty if I skip a week of real cleaning.

Dinner was kept nice and easy tonight.

Amy's Frozen No Cheese Veggie Pizza improvised.  I added grilled peppers, eggplant and zucchini and took the liberty of adding my own preferred goat cheese.

I love this pizza so much.  Really, there is no other frozen pizza that compares for me.

And that is about the extent of my weekend.  So not as bad as I thought but if I've learned anything, it's that I am not good at doing nothing.  The idea always sounds so inviting but when it comes down to it, I need chaos in order to feel complete.

Did you get April Fooled today?

Allie@LiveLaughEat April 1, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Is that your little nephew?! He's gotten so BIG! Those flowers are gorgeous—my blog colors :) . Sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. We'll run that race next year, okay?

Lauren April 1, 2012 at 8:24 pm

It is! I know can you believe it. Agreed! Let’s plan on doing that now. :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm

OMG your nephew has gotten so BIG!!! He's such a cutie, that's for sure! I always feel like if I don't clean one weekend, my house is a disaster by the time I clean again!

EricA April 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Im so with you…i cant do nothing! Jealous of your sleeping in!! I still havent tried that amys pizza-i always forget to look for it. No tricks here!!

kathleen @ the daily crumb April 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm

your relaxing weekend sounds lovely :)  and those chocolate chip dough balls… delicious.  have a fabulous week, lady!!

Alaina April 1, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I absolutely love cleaning the apartment. I can't believe how quickly dust accumulates! It's actually relaxing for me.

Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend!

Emily April 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I always have such a hard time doing "nothing". I've never been one to take a day off and just relax- I crave chaos!- but, sometimes it's necessary. I actually took a nap today for the first time in months and it felt amazing.
It sounds like you had a beautiful weekend. And your nephew is absolutely adorable!

Leah @ DeLeahLicious April 1, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Girl, you always find a way to get your servings of veggies.  I'm so impressed. :)

Brittany (Eating Bird Food) April 1, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Sorry to hear about the race, but it looks like you still had a wonderful weekend. Nice and relaxing! :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 2, 2012 at 12:20 am

sounds like a great weekend!  what is the recipe for those chocolate chip cookie dough balls?  i might just need to make some… ;)

Lauren April 2, 2012 at 6:37 am

I’ll post it soon! :)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes April 2, 2012 at 7:24 am

I did not get April Fooled yesterday! That pizza loooks so good!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

Looks like you had a fun, relaxing weekend! I can't believe how big your nephew has gotten!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com April 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

those pictures of your newphew are too cute for words!!!
ryan and I saw the hunger games this weekend too and I absolutely loved it! i am obviously doing this in reverse but i borrowed all three of the books to start this week!
hope you had a nice weekend.  sometimes our bodies have not the most fun ways of telling us what they need, but they seem to know whats best <3

Katie April 2, 2012 at 9:32 am

Your nephew is TOO CUTE! Those eyes!  I have a slight case of baby fever at the moment…
So glad you got to rest up this weekend.  Sometimes I don't realize until I let myself relax how tired- usually from stress- my whole body really is.
I got seriously April Fooled yesterday!

Emily @LivingLongfellow April 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

What an adorable baby! We got april fooled hard core. My sister-in-law through water all over herself to trick us into thinking her pregnancy water broke. Everyone panicked a little and we didn't find it too funny!

Lisa April 2, 2012 at 3:31 pm

How cute is your nephew, adorable. I always get April fooled, I can't take a hint that its a day of jokes, its not too fun. Glad you had time to relax! I always find that once I'm not so busy and sit down for a bit that I really am so tired! Have a great Monday!