A Little Bit of Everything

by Lauren on May 21, 2012

I am starting this week off on a positive note and I'm vowing to keep it that way.  Why am I so happy you ask?  Well for one, it's a holiday weekend, but most importantly, I have a mini vacation planned!

On Friday, I leave for Boston for the long weekend and I couldn't be more excited.  I have grand plans to hang out with a few lovely ladies and all of us will be running in the Boston Run to Remember on Sunday morning.  It's going to be such a blast and I'm just excited to get away and break from work and the craziness of life.

Until then, I have quite a bit to get through this week but I'm not complaining.

Yesterday, I made a double batch of oats and saved a serving for breakfast today.  Heating up day-old oats aren't quite the same as making them fresh, but it works in a pinch and I'll take it over instant any day.

This bowl was whipped banana oats with blueberries, sunbutter, muddy waffles granola, and pecans.

Restocked the berry supply yesterday.  Nothing beats fresh berries in the summer…nothing!

Thankfully, I spent most of the day at my desk and was happy that I didn't have to be running around in the rain.  Rainy Monday's usually don't make me very eager to be productive but I knew I had much to do and the motivation to get everything done before I leave was high.  I ended up owning that to-do list this morning.

I rewarded my work with a delicious lunch.

Lunch

I know you've seen this salad before but just in case allow me to share its contents:

• Roasted Brussels Sprouts
  • Tri-Color Quinoa
  • Canned Salmon
  • Spinach
  • Feta
  • Black Beans

Talk about protein and healthy fats!  It's also insanely delicious. I added a big spoon of edamame hummus on top and ended up mixing it in.

On the side, grapes and mint green tea.

This lunch was very filling but also refreshing.  Clean eating at its finest.

I didn't need much of a snack this afternoon since I was still full from lunch but I did need a little pick me up.

Synergy = my afternoon happy hour.  The Guava Goddess is by far my favorite flavor.

I had to work late tonight and when I got home, my hunger suddenly appeared.  I put together a big salad for dinner that had just a little bit of everything.

Romaine, Spinach, Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, Cucumber, Peppers, Tomatoes, Egg Whites, Roasted Broccoli, Avocado, Grilled Chicken, Hummus and Balsamic

Do you ever get the urge to use every single piece of produce you just bought?  That was me tonight.  I had just restocked the veggie bin and felt the need to "test" everything tonight.  It faired well for me.

Well one day down, three more to go!

Have a wonderful evening!

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition May 21, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Your food looks so delicious and clean.  I love how you eat

Lauren May 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Thank you Jocelyn!

Erica May 21, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Oh my gosh- when I finish grocery shopping…I want to eat a little bit of everything :) ESPECIALLY all the produce! Glad you're having a great week so far. The trip to Boston sounds awesome

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I ALWAYS pick at everything while I’m putting groceries away. It’s part of the “these bites don’t count” club. :)

Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 21, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I've never heard of tri-colored quinoa – sounds cool!

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:30 pm

It’s fanatic! I use the Shiloh Farms brand but I think TJ’s recently came out with it.

Baking Serendipity May 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm

That salad looks fantastic! I love salads stuffed with lots of different ingredients…it keeps them interesting! Enjoy your week…and trip to Boston :)

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Thanks girl. :)

Lisa May 22, 2012 at 12:22 am

Everything looks so fresh and fantastic! Sounds like you'll have a crazy busy week, but at least you have the weekend to look forward to!!

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Thanks Lisa!

Elizabeth H, blogger for SunButter May 22, 2012 at 8:30 am

LOVE the breakfast combination (of course, since I blog for SunButter), but also your innovative approach to clean, fresh eating.
Fellow Synergy addict, ;-)
Elizabeth

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! And SOO cool that you blog for SunButter! I’m an addict. It’s become the only nut butter I now eat. :)

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com May 22, 2012 at 9:02 am

I am the same way with my produce drawer after a trip to the store or farmers market (especially the farmers market :-) )  I like to call them kitchen sink salads or bowls because they are a little bit of everything and absolutely delicious! i hope you have a good week hun.  I am not going anywhere over the weekend, but a three day weekened is MUCH needed!

Cait's Plate May 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

Oooh is that edamame hummus from TJ's?  I've seen it there and been curious but have yet to pick it up!
Such a fun and exciting weekend ahead!  I have a wedding in MA this weekend but it's not in the Boston area otherwise I'd say we should meet up! :(

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:28 pm

It’s actually from Wegmans but the TJ’s one is amazing a lot better! This one has a little kick to it but TJ’s is still my favorite.

Katy L May 22, 2012 at 10:04 am

Good luck on your run Sunday! I ran that race two years ago and it is one of my favorites. Part of the race goes through some cool parts of Boston which I loved. It was insanly hot when I ran so make sure to hydrate like crazy!! Enjoy!!

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I hear it’s an awesome race. Thanks Katy!

Amanda May 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I've been a reader for a while, but as a Boston local I feel like this is as good enough time as any for my first comment :) I'm running the Run to Remember on Sunday too! Are you running the 5 mile or the half? I'm running the 5 mile, a nice quick run before my first marathon the next weekend.
It's supposed to be GORGEOUS this weekend, don't forget the sunblock!! :)

Lauren May 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm

That’s so cool Amanda! I hope to see you there! Tweet me the day of the race and maybe we can meet up. Good luck girl!

glidingcalm May 22, 2012 at 6:52 pm

delicious eats! and im so jealous you are going to Boston! my oldddddddddddddd stomping grounds!! LOVE! cant wait for those recaps! :D

Alaina May 23, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Yeah for the long weekend!!! I am so excited that you’ll be staying over on Friday. I’ll get in touch with you about the details!

And I got Sunday off so hopefully we can all go out for brunch or beers…or both! :-P

Lauren May 23, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Girl, I am SO SO EXCITED!!!! We are going to have such a blast. :)

Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean May 28, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I feel the need to “test” new food buys all the time ;-) Looks delicious!