10 Reasons Why Today was AWESOME

by Lauren on June 7, 2012

Today was so so good for many reasons.

All of which I will get right to…..

Number 1 – Today was my Friday

Yep, I’m off work tomorrow which leads me right into number 2.

Number 2- I am headed to Saratoga Springs to see DAVE tomorrow and Saturday!

No explanations needed for that one.  If you know me, you know I’m stoked.  Enough said.

Dave isn’t the only person I’m excited to see though.  I have an exciting coffee date with this gorgeous lady!

Number 3- I started my day with RPM

I know I always say this, but teaching RPM first thing always gets me started on a good day.  I love RPM, I love my class, and I love teaching.  I wish you all could come to a class and see for yourself.

Number 4- I feel in love with my new nail color

I’m not usually one for bright obnoxious colors, but I recently saw this seafoam color on someone and thought it looked stellar!  It took some convincing, but I just went for it and was so happy with the results.

Number 5- I had my favorite breakfast

• TJ’s Honey Almond Flax Cereal
  • Cottage Cheese + Greek Yogurt (mixed with cinnamon and stevia)
  • Strawberries and 1/2 a banana
  • Chia
  • Sunbutter
Number 6- I discovered a new little coffee shop that makes some pretty amazing salads
Number 7- I had a lovely phone catch up chat with one of my best long distance friends
Gosh I miss this girl.
Number 8- I finally got to announce a top secret project that Nuts About Granola just launched!
Number 9- Gorgeous weather and burgers for dinner
No Bull veggie burger on a sprouted wheat bun with avocado and hummus
So it was beautiful all day and the moment I threw dinner on the grill, it started to rain.  Fortunately, the rain stopped and the sun came home minutes before dinner was ready so this summer meal was salvaged.
And the BEST news of all….
This is such a well deserved and much awaited promotion and I am so proud of him!  My man is working his way right up that corporate ladder. :)
The only crummy thing about today was the fact that I discovered I have yet another eye infection.  My eyes have been bothering me all week and I really wanted to believe it was just allergies but it got pretty bad this morning so I decided to call my eye doctor just to be safe.  Well it’s a good thing I did because apparently, both of my corneas are suffering.  Crap!  At least I am now fully medicated for the weekend.
Well, I’m taking off for a few days.  I’m not bringing my laptop so I won’t be posting until I come back but I’ll be posting updates and pics via twitter, instagram, and facebook.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Tell me the best thing about your day….

26 thoughts on “10 Reasons Why Today was AWESOME”

1. Yay! The best thing about my day was getting to watch my niece and her being happy the whole time. That’s a big feat for the two of us – ha!

2. That does sound like a great day! :) Have an awesome weekend!

3. katie logue says:

Hi Lauren- what coffee shop did you find that salad at?? It looks good…since I have to be gluten free now that looked really good!

1. Lauren says:

Zeek’s in Dillsburg

4. Alaina says:

Congrats to Toly!!

And is that your new ring??? It’s gorgeous!! 😀

1. Lauren says:

It’s the newly cleaned ring. :) Glad to have it back.

5. YAY! So excited to seeee youuuuuu :)

6. Jenny says:

Really cute nail polish– can you share the brand and color?

1. Lauren says:

It’s OPI Seafoam but it’s the gel so I’m not sure if its available for sale.

7. Laura says:

Sounds like you had a great day :) I went to Skidmore so I’m SO jealous you’re going up to Saratoga! I have food recommendations up the wazoo, but if looking for the best sandwiches/salads/pastries/cookies, definitely check out the Bread Basket on spring street…I worked there in college!

1. Lauren says:

Thanks girl! I will definitely look for it.

8. Sounds like such a fantastic day! I LOVE that nail polish color — it looks so perfect for spring and summer!

9. Love your nail polish!!! Have fun on your long weekend and congrats to Toly!

10. Congrats to Toly – so jealous of your meals, all the time. Veggie choices in Pittsburgh are lame! 😉

11. what a fabulous day! i love how happy you seem lately :) … makes me happy too!! have so so so much fun at dave.

12. Glad you had a great day & a great weekend ahead! Looking forward to a recap. And congrats to Toly!

13. I totally love this post!! Reading all the good things, always ensures my day is off to a bright start too. Is that a homemade veggie burger? Recipe?

14. Corinne says:

Awww such gorgeous things, your nails food AND husband you lucky girl!! Ok Hmm the best thing about my day…I’m a speech-pathologist in a stroke rehab unit…and I had a client who’s been non-verbal since his stroke speak for the very first time in my session. Prettyyyy incredible if i do say so myself! Btw, your dog is too cute for words, seriously, is he real, so cute!

1. Lauren says:

Aw, thanks so much for all of the compliments girl. And that does sound like a great accomplishment! Hope you had a great weekend.

15. Sara says:

Congrats to Toly! Have a great weekend, unplugged!

16. Hope your eye infection clears up! That doesn’t sound good at all. :(
    I love the nail polish and I’ve been coveting ‘For Audrey’ by China Glaze but have yet to buy it.
    Have a wonderful weekend away and congrats to Toly for the promotion!

1. Lauren says:

Thanks so much Sam.

17. Congrats to Toly!
    The best thing about my day was waking up and being able to move my head more than yesterday. May seem simple but after the day/evening I had yesterday, I’ll take the ability to actually move! It’s the little things. :)

18. Lisa says:

Congrats to Toly! That’s amazing news for your family!! Loving the nail polish colour. The best part about my weekend is looking for a new pet!

Comments are closed.