Are You Going?

by Lauren on June 12, 2012

Do you all know what today is?

Today is the day that registration opens for the 4th annual Health Living Summit!

I’m not sure how many of you have been to the HLS before, but if you haven’t and are planning on going this year, you are in for such a treat.  The HLS is something I look forward to every year, mainly because I get to see some of my closest friends and meet SO MANY amazing new people.  When you bring a bunch of passionate healthy living bloggers together in the same city for a weekend, it’s a guaranteed good time. Actually, it’s more than just a good time, it’s an unforgettable experience.

I guess I forgot to mention that I’m speaking again at this years conference.  I spoke last year in Philly and it was such an honor that I was entirely thrilled to be asked to do it again.  I’ll be mediating a panel session on Blogging with Brands which will include some great insight looking at both the blogger and the brand.  I’ve had the pleasure of seeing both sides of it from my personal site to now working for two local companies and mediating the blogger reviews.

The agenda is up and registration is open tonight at 8pm!  Don’t miss out because tickets go fast and I would absolutely LOVE to meet so many of you this year in Boston!

Well I guess it’s time to book another flight back to Beantown.  Gosh I just love this city and I am so happy I’m getting so many reasons to go back and visit.

In other events, I think I will claim today a recipe day because I have not one but two wonderful recipes for you tonight.

Let’s start with the main course.

One of my favorite ways to pump myself full of vegetables is in a big colorful stir fry.  I look at this bowl and see the ideal image of a healthy balanced meal, not to mention so flavorful!

• 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
  • 1 small zucchini, diced
  • 1/2 cup assorted bell peppers
  • 1 Italian chicken sausage
  • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup steamed kale
  • 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons dijon
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet and add all of the vegetables.  Stir fry on medium high heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown and soften.  Add the chicken sausage and garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.  In a small bowl, mix the balsamic and dijon.  Pour the balsamic over the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.  Let this cook an additional 2 minutes and remove from heat.  Place cooked quinoa and kale in a bowl and pour the stir fry on top.

It was delicious and so filling.  This makes a huge bowl of food but if you were anything like I was today (completely starving all day long) you’ll have no problem finishing this off.

Well now that dinner is out of the way, I’m sure you will want dessert…..

But you’ll have to go here for the recipe. :)

Are you going to the HLS this year?  If you are, I can’t wait to meet you!!

36 thoughts on “Are You Going?”

1. i’m not going – i wish i was b/c i love conferences though!

2. Erica says:

You know I’d LOVE to go! But traveling is limited now…due to the peanut! Hopefully next year. Dinner=yum, that dessert=even yummier.

1. Lauren says:

Umm, when can we make our meet up happen? I still can’t believe we haven’t done this yet! LoL

3. Jamie says:

I’m going! I am kind of nervous since it’s my first time and just started blogging a couple of months ago and don’t know other bloggers. But it will be an adventure. I can’t wait!

1. Lauren says:

Oh you’ll love it! Can’t wait to meet you!

4. janetha says:

Sad I won’t see you this year.. but HLS is far and I have lots of other trips planned this year. Maybe our paths will cross next year at Blend!

1. Lauren says:

It just won’t be the same without you but don’t worry, Blend is on my travel list for next year! 😉 Miss you!!

5. Katy says:

I’m going! It is my first time and I am so excited to meet everyone!

1. Lauren says:

Oh you will love it Katy! Can’t wait to meet you.

6. Never thought to use balsamic and dijon as a stir fry sauce. I am going to give this a try!

7. Both dinner and dessert look delicious!
    I’m going to HLS this year! It is my first time, and I am SO excited to meet everyone!

1. Lauren says:

Yay! So happy that we will get to meet Angela!

8. I’M GOING AGAIN!!! can we please room together? it’s happening.

1. Lauren says:

I was seriously just thinking of emailing you to see if you were going!!! Oh girl, I’m so pumped to see your beautiful face again this year.

9. Lisa says:

That stir fry looks fantastic, but your meals always do anyways! I’m going, I am SO excited. Even though I’m relatively new to blogging I still am pretty pumped. It’s the only trip I have planned so far this summer, so its much anticipated.

1. Lauren says:

So excited to meet you Lisa!

10. Meg says:

I AM I AM 😀 Cannot wait to meet you sweetie

Ah, me too Meg!!

11. Alexia says:

the healthy living summit sounds like a great event! nothing like this in europe but maybe i will be able to visit one in america one day! would be amazing! the stir fry looks great, i love me a yummy big bowl of veggies drenched in tamari/soya sauce :)

12. Nummers! I’m in Beantown this week, and Baltimore next week…. and I could go on into July, but I highly doubt you would enjoy a rundown of my schedule. 😉

13. Katie says:

I am going and excited to see you again, maybe this year we can hang out more!

1. Lauren says:

Ummm YES! Not even a question. :) Can’t wait hun.

14. i registered! totally psyched 😀 glad you’ll e speaking!

Can’t wait to meet you!

15. I wish I was going so badly!! Have a great time. Also, I love balsamic stir frys! Balsamic is perfect to me, love the sweet and the vinegar, what could be better?!

Wish you were too. :(

16. Cait's Plate says:

The jury’s still out for me on whether or not I’ll be able to go – but I hope so!

Also – that peach crisp recipe looks INCREDIBLE! As does that dinner :)

1. Lauren says:

Ah, PLEASE go! I’m sitting on the jury and I vote GO!! :)

17. Alaina says:

I am so excited that I got a ticket this year! I love that’s in my city. 😀

1. Alaina says:

Oh and of course can’t wait to see you again!!!

Can not wait!!

18. Eeeeep! I’M SO STINKIN’ EXCITED TO MEET YOU, LAUREN! Also, super excited to see you speak and learn from your lovely self. It’s going to be so amazing to simply be in and around all of that positive energy and excitement! Butterflies just thinking about it, girlfrrrrand. :-)

1. Lauren says:

Awww, I’m so excited to meet you as well!!

19. I love vegetable stir fry and am always looking for new ways to season it. I usually mix broccoli, peppers (red, orange and yellow), cut up asparagus, carrots, zucchini and edamame with some garlic and a little bit of whatever vegetable oil-based dressing I’m craving. I think I’ll have to try this balsamic and dijon mixture though, the tastes together sound awesome! I also have yet to cook myself some quinoa, maybe this weekend sometime!

20. I wanted to go really bad! It’s the weekend before a family weekend. I am definitely going to go to a conference by the end of the year thought.

Delish meal!

1. Lauren says:

Aw, I hope it’s one that I’m at. I would love to meet you!

Comments are closed.