This is going to be one of those short and sweet posts. Just two quick things to share.
Here is the clip from my news segment. It’s only 2 minutes so if you want a good laugh and have 2 minutes to spare, check it out. I only mess up once which is pretty good considering I really had zero time to prepare, practice or even know what I was going to talk about.
I know you will ask so I went ahead and put together the recipe for that quinoa salad. It’s a good one too!
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds
- Cook your quinoa as directed. Once it is done, take the pot off the heat and place the spinach in the pan. Cover and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa and spinach with oranges and dried cranberries. Top with roasted almonds.
I didn’t add a thing to season this. Really, nothing!
The only thing I did today to make this a more hearty lunch is add half a can of salmon.
I often forget that sometimes simplicity is best in certain dishes. You don’t always need added salt or dressings and this is one of those times where it really proved true.
I was out for most of the afternoon and when I got home, we had some visitors over. One was fixing my computer, the other was working on my treadmill. Both are hopefully in good working condition now. So my payment for their hard work….
Like I said, cooking is my love language.
Well I have a busy day tomorrow and one that starts pretty early so I better wrap things up.
See I told you it would be short n’ sweet.
Have you ever been on TV?