Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

by Lauren on October 3, 2012

I’m in a bit of a predicament.

You see, I’m ready to convert to the new season. I’m ready to put away my wedges, pull out the knee high boots, cozy up with a warm bowl of chili on a Sunday afternoon and prepare myself mentally for a brutal winter.

As ready as I may be, the weather seems to be playing cruel tricks on me these days.

This past weekend, I finally initiated my official welcome to fall with this….

Ever since, I’ve wanted to put pumpkin in just about everything, from soups to oatmeal to any baked good I can come up with.

I’ve been doing a good job too, that is until yesterday when I realized eating a warm bowl of Pumpkin “Cheesecake” Oatmeal for lunch in 80 degree weather wasn’t exactly fitting.

So, the predicament was, how do I curb my overwhelming pumpkin craving during an unseasonably heat wave.

Here was my answer.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Recipe Type: Beverage, Snack, Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 7 mins
Serves: 1 (about 12 oz)
Creamy pumpkin pie that you can drink with a straw. Pureed pumpkin blended with vanilla yogurt and accented with nutty cinnamon make this a perfect fall treat.
  • 6 oz Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
  • 1 medium Banana
  • 1/4 cup Pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
  • 6-8 Ice cubes
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
  2. Pour into a glass, and top with a dusting of cinnamon.

*Note- You can use plain yogurt, but make sure you add a touch of sweetness such as agave, honey or liquid stevia. The vanilla yogurt provided enough sweetness not to add any additional.

My solution worked out quite well.  I still got to enjoy the warm nutty sensation of the season but without breaking a sweat.

Other recipes to enjoy-

I almost forgot to mention, I paired this delicious glass with a piece of my latest recipe creation for Shiloh Farms, Apple Zucchini Banana Oat Bread.

This bread turned out so much better than I ever imagined it would. I’ve been working my way through it daily with a smear of Pumpkin Banana Almond Butter.  Delicious!

23 thoughts on “Pumpkin Pie Smoothie”

1. Kat says:

Being In Florida were still having warm weather and pumpkin is my only fall outlet too!

2. Rachel says:

Yum! I love pumpkin smoothies! I make mine the same only no bananas (allergic lol)

3. I’m also in Florida suffering through mid-80s highs this week!
    Won’t stop me from trying this recipe though :)

4. so yummy! gosh, i love fall. i make a similar smoothie with tj’s pumpkin greek yogurt. extra pumpkiny, extra delicious. (pretty sure i just made up the word pumpkiny)

1. Lauren says:

I heard TJ’s got pumpkin greek yogurt! How did I miss this? :)

5. Love this recipe! Totally appropriate for warm fall weather!

6. Erica says:

Yah….I’ve just gotten used to the chilly weather foods in warm weather thing 😉 But a pumpkin smoothie does sound pretty darn good!

7. This weather is the worst – freezing in the morning, but then shining sun by the afternoon. At least where I am! I never know how to dress!

8. Margaret says:

Can’t wait to try the pumpkin pie smoothie! Thanks for sharing!!

9. glidingcalm says:

that sounds delicious! pumpkin is on my grocery list! ive gone about 4 times and keep forgetting to pick some up!

10. This sounds really delicious! Unfortunately, it’s been getting super cold here in the mornings so I’ve been craving something warm and comforting, but I’ll have to keep this in mind if we ever start seeing some warmer weather!

11. I added the ingredients to make this to my shopping list today – delicious!

12. With temps in the mid 80s and humid in north Florida, this pumpkin smoothie will be perfect! I will be trying this tomorrow :) thanks!

13. Floey says:

Haha…girl, I think you love pumpkin more than anyone I know. Do you enjoy regular pumpkin pie too? I think that’s my favorite way to have it, above all else. But then again, I don’t think I’ve tried as many pumpkiney things as can be possible.

1. Lauren says:

You know it’s funny, I actually hate pumpkin pie! Quite ironic for me. :)

14. Mmmm I love pumpkin smoothies! I just checked out that apple zucchini banana oat bars– those look so perfect for fall :)

15. I love pumpkin!! but i seriously want some pumpkin pancakes. I know I can trust you for a healthy pumpkin pancake recipe in the coming weeks! or perhaps a trip to the pantry to see if they have pumpkin baked oatmeal???

1. Lauren says:

Girlfriend check these out! http://www.saywhatyouneedtosayblog.com/2012/02/22/sprouted-spelt-pumpkin-protein-pancakes-a-recipe-and-a-giveaway/
      And you know, for as many times as I’ve had baked oatmeal at The Pantry, I’ve NEVER had their pumpkin baked oatmeal. No lie, every single time I have gone and they had it, they ran out. It’s such a tragedy!

1. then obviously a trip with me is in order. good friend, good breakfast? what could be better?!?!!!

16. Dawn says:

Yum! I think I need to try this. I love everything pumpkin!!

17. Jill says:

I like to add cod liver oil and flax to smoothies to up the good fats and omega-3’s. Pretty pictures.

18. i need to crack open a can of pumpkin already!!!

19. Trish says:

This looks SO good. The smoothie and the almond butter. Can’t wait to give them both a try!

Comments are closed.