Friday Confessions

by Lauren on November 2, 2012

Happy Friday to you!

It has been a week hasn’t it?  I’m sure all my East Coast friends can concur.  Hopefully those of you that were effected by Sandy are now fully recovered and not dealing with too many hardships that she caused.

*edited to add- I apologize for any insenstivities that the above statement may have generated.  In no way did I intend to neglect the devastation that occrued as a result from this hurricane.  For those that were effected on a larger scale, I am deeply sorry for the hardships and loss that you may have suffered.

I’m so ready to get this weekend started!  Today, I’ll be starting things off with my early morning RPM class, going into the gym for a few hours to see some clients and then heading straight to Philly for the night to spend time with a good friend.  We have plans to hit up the city tonight and then will change pace on Saturday with trips to the Farmers Market, Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.  I’m stoked!

I’ve noticed that throughout the week, there are so many random thoughts that go through my head and I always think that I want to say them out loud but they never seem to make it beyond my mind.  So rather than bottle up my pointless ramblings, I’ve decided to keep things light on Fridays and start a little confessional.  That way, I’ll go into the weekend with a free conscious and hopefully, you’ll find a little amusement from my nonsense.

Let’s give it a try…..

Confession #1 -

The other night, I broke into the Halloween candy and ate two pieces simply because it was there.  At first, I thought, no big deal, they are bite sized, so technically, two equals one right?  Then I went back and looked and noticed that the fun sized are the size in-between the bite size and the full size.  WTH??  First of all, I had no idea there were so many different sizes of candy and second of all, I don’t even like Halloween candy.  I then digressed by shoving a few spoons of pumpkin ice cream in my mouth and calling it a night.

Confession #2-

Toly recently got a Twitter account (@ap0916)  and I’m slightly annoyed that he has decided to follow me.  Twitter was my one social network that I kept hidden from my family so that I can use it at an outlet to vent about them if needed.  You know what I’m talking about! Now that he is into tweeting, he has deemed it cool to start using twitter talk in regular dialog.  I’ve quickly had to inform him that saying, “hashtag” after every point he makes is in fact not cool.  #twitteramateur

Confession #3-

I haven’t posted a recipe all week and I’m not happy about it.  First, I haven’t seen sunlight in 4 days so my photos are looking awful and second, I haven’t spent nearly as much time in my kitchen as I wished.  Don’t worry, recipes will resume next week starting with this one for Buffalo Chicken Chili.  You’ll want to come back for it, trust me.

Confession #4-

I’ve drinking more coffee these days than I know is good for me.  I just can’t help it, I’m a sucker for warm caffeinated liquids, especially when they are enjoyed over a late afternoon catch up date with a friend.

Jess is a doll and I’m so glad we’ve gotten closer in the last few months.  Blog friends are truly the beauty in my day.

Confession #5-

The Dave Matthews station on my Sirius went away and I cried a little when I realized this.  Apparently, the station was only a temporary 2 month promotional thing but I somehow convinced myself that it would be around forever.  I still look for it every single time I get into my car in hopes that they changed their mind.

Confession #6-

Waffles have made a valiant return in my breakfast roundup.  I always forget how much I love them until I actually make them and now I’ll probably ride this kick out until I overdose on Eggo’s.

Confession #7-

I never posted the winner of my Health Warrior Giveaway like I promised.  Opps!

Here it is….

Congratulations Irina!

Irina @ Chocolatea Time October 28, 2012 at 10:51 am [edit]

The Health Warrior Chia Bar I most want to try is Chocolate Peanut Butter! One of my favorite combos :)

Please email me your mailing address and I will have your prize out shortly.

Well that’s about all of the confessing I can handle for today.   Cheers to a fabulous weekend everyone!

Question:

What is one of your confessions this week?

Lizzie November 2, 2012 at 8:33 am

Why did you freak out about the halloween candy?
I mean, I totally understand and I have a hard time feeling ok with eating junk food, but its not like you are going to gain weight from a few pieces of halloween candy… especially with your lifestyle! :)

My confession is that I have been shopping online, every second that I am free. Haha good thing I haven’t actually ordered anything yet..

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 8:36 am

Oh no no no, I didn’t freak out!! I’m sorry that I gave off that impression. I was just making a point that I ate more candy that I intended to simply because it was there. Just trying to make it a point that I’m not perfect and I definitely give into treats like everyone else. Trust me, I wasn’t worried about it, that’s why I said I went right for the ice cream after I ate the candy. :)

Lizzie November 2, 2012 at 10:05 am

Haha just so you know, that makes me happy to hear :) How was the ice cream anyways? I need some new brands/flavors in my life hahaha. YOU ARE INSPIRING TO ME. seriously, as I go about each day trying to improve my intake and healthy living, I tend to think about you and how I love and admire your lifestyle. Just thought I would let you know that! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Awww, Lizze that is so sweet! That just made my day girl. :) <3 xoxo

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 2:37 pm

PS- The Edy’s Slow Churned Pumpkin is AMAZING!!! :)

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 2, 2012 at 9:04 am

Lol I would feel the same about someone close to me following my Tweets. All other social media outlets I’m okay with but Twitter … that’s usually my ‘go to’ vent space!

Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

i love confession number two haha. thats too funny! Eric doesn’t like any social media sites so I’m still good! (:

Amanda @ Romancing the Unusual November 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

I drink way too much coffee, too. I do it for the safety of others, though. ;)

Ashley November 4, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Ha. Me too! People like me more after 2 cups.

Natalie @ Free Range Human November 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

I confess that I’m letting the scale affect me way too much the last few weeks. Must BREAK HABIT!

Erika November 2, 2012 at 11:23 am

Bite size, Fun size, Full size, King size – and I’m sure there are others. What the heck is “fun” size anyways? Do you have more fun eating that size than others?

My confession: the past few months my husband has been working late and I’ve kinda enjoyed it. Now that he’s home when I get there I’m not use to it and he’s messin’ up my routine :) I still love him though.

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Haha, I totally feel you on that one! :) But I’m guessing my hubby feels the same way when I am gone too.

Jessica November 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

I am going to try and give up my afternoon cup of coffee starting next year but I fear it is going to end badly… Great catching up yesterday!

Ari November 2, 2012 at 11:55 am

“It has been a week hasn’t it? I’m sure all my East Coast friends can concur. Hopefully those of you that were effected by Sandy are now fully recovered and not dealing with too many hardships that she caused.”

Is this a joke? Hopefully those affected are now fully recovered? Do you understand that people lost their homes and their family members? That they are now living without food, water, power, shelter? That a mother had her two young boys ripped out of her arms in Staten Island by a wave? That two friends, only 24, were crushed by a tree in Brooklyn?

I’m sure those affected are now fully recovered, only four days later. Not too many hardships at all, just entire neighborhoods, entire coastlines, wiped out by flooding and fire.

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I am sorry, I didn’t mean for this at all to come out insensitive. I was simply reffering to the minor effects that occured around here, such as power outages, electrical issues, etc. You are 100% right. Again, I’m so sorry that the statement came out the way it did.

Melissa @TryingtoHeal November 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Haha, i thought the same thing when my boyfriend got instagram; i was like, “No! you’re not allowed!” but he still hasn’t gotten twitter so it’s my last saving grace!

clare @ fittingitallin November 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Gahh it makes me so sad that a confession to you is two fun sized candies!! Girl that is NOT a confession, that’s a success! You would be appalled at the amount of crap I eat.

Also I lov eyou.

clare @ fittingitallin November 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm

that was meant in a very loving non-judgmental way. i wish i was as good as you!

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Haha, I DEFINITELY didn’t take it that way. :) And trust me, I wasn’t confessing the candy in that I felt horrible about it, just that I wished I would have saved my indulgences for something I actually liked, like ice cream. But then I ended eating it anyways. :)

Karen November 2, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I am the same way with my Twitter account too! It’s the one place that I can vent without many of my in-real-life friends/family seeing it. Both of my brothers do follow me on Twitter so I have to be a little careful :)

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Yeah I think more of my *real life friends are getting on Twitter now so I have to be careful as well. :)

Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I feel like I way overdid the coffee this week too! Those coffee dates with friends get me every time!

Mallory November 2, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I’m not sure why eating 2 small pieces of candy would qualify as a “confession.” Whether you cared or not, it sends the wrong impression to your readers and implies guilt should be associated with an indulgence (i wouldn’t even consider that an indulgence – ha)

I would have to agree with the above commenter about your ignorance/insensitivity about the horrific hurricane that occurred here in the north east.

and i think you mean “conscience,” not conscious.

Traci November 2, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I have to agree about the hurricane comment, although I am sure you had good intentions and sincerely wished everyone was doing well or at least as well as they could be. I understand it didn’t affect some towns more than others, but the Jersey Shore and parts of NYC are totally devastated, my work has been without power for a week, and countless friends and family I know are still without heat, hot water, power, and gas. That said, I know you probably didn’t mean anything by it, but word choice is important!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Ughhh, I waaay overdid it on the Halloween candy this week! Thankfully, it’s almost gone!!!

Sara November 2, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Also, please learn the difference between “affect” and “effect” – you were an English major for crying out loud!!

Jordan November 3, 2012 at 7:20 am

Sara, can I have link to your blog so that I can critisize every typo you make? Thanks

Sara November 3, 2012 at 11:18 pm

it’s not a typo if it’s a consistent mistake, idiot. it’s plain ignorance and carelessness.

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) November 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm

HATERS NEED TO SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP AND GET SOME CLASS.

Lauren, don’t give the trolls the time of day – this is how they live their hopeless, sorry lives.

Anne November 2, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Oh my goodness, if only I didn’t like Halloween candy… wishful thinking!
I’m glad you all fared the storm well!

Irina @ Chocolatea Time November 2, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Yay I won!! Thank you so much…my weekend is officially made :) Email is sent!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Waffles are my ish.

It’s okay love, not everyone is superwoman! We’ll be here, recipe or not :)

DAVE MATTHEWS all day every day! My 24/7 playlist contains every song ever recorded by DMB, Zac Brown, and Mumford & Sons. Yup. It’s always playing.

Love you gorgeous girl. xo!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 3, 2012 at 8:48 am

I told my dad that we need to get the extra Halloween candy out of the house because it’s tempting me and I don’t NEED it or really even want it that much but rather having it because the temptation is there.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 3, 2012 at 9:49 am

Yikes this is a heated comment section today!!! I rejoiced at stopping myself at two piece of halloween candy the other day! ;) And when my students gave me a grand total of 40 reese’s I was able to put them in the freezer for John and turn away!

Carla November 4, 2012 at 11:38 am

Why are you freaking out over 2 pieces of candy? I think you are too hard on yourself Lauren. I can imagine you writing about how you are consuming too much sweets now and writing a post on how you are cutting sugar, which you already have. Lauren, you are extremely skinny and the blog world sees your disordered eating. I think you need some help. As much as you write that you are at a good place, you aren’t. It might seem like it in your head, but have you ever eaten a bagel at night? I can imagine the thoughts going through your head about the carbs and processed sugar. I can NEVER see you eat that, let alone a whole bagel with cream cheese and that is without removing cream cheese. What would you do if you were in a real foreign country instead of an all inclusive resort?
It is really sad. I think people who write blogs have a disordered image about view like the Marie Clare post wrote a few years ago. You are no exception to this.

Jen November 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm

yep. i agree.

Karen November 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

I completely agree. So what? You ate 160 calories in candy, big freaking deal.

Emilie @ Hungry Delights November 5, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Ouch… at some of the above comments. It would be nice if people could just be a little more positive and a little less critical.

On the bonus side…. I can’t wait to get hold of your buffalo chicken chilli recipe – you have the yummiest recipes :)

xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

Julie November 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm

OMG Lauren, you have some RUDE commenters! Wow! Maybe you need to start moderating the comments. I knew exactly what you were trying to say in your hurricane comment, & it didn’t cross my mind for a second that you were in any way diminishing the catastrophic events. As for the other grammatical comments… some people need to GET A LIFE! Stop being @ssholes!

Chin up, girlfriend! :)

Lauren November 6, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I know!! I should start to moderate more but I didn’t want it to get to that. I honestly just ignore them. Sticks and stones! :) Thanks so much for your support Julie!