The Third PA Blogger Meet-Up

by Lauren on December 3, 2012

This past Saturday marked the third PA Blogger Meet-Up, and what a great event it was!

Last year, after realizing that there were a great amount of writers right in my neighborhood, I decided to put together a networking group of local bloggers and began organizing our first meet-up. Over the course of a few months, word spread, more bloggers emerged, and our tiny little group grew into a congregation of 30 or more diverse, and wonderfully passionate people that all share similar interests.

Since then, I’ve upgraded my strategies and managed to oversee the group by serving as the leader of the events and the liaison between blogger and local businesses.

I try to plan a meet-up every 2-3 months, and each time, we focus on gathering in a place that, one, has good food, and two, is a local establishment that we can feature.

(if you’re interested in planning a meet-up, you might want to check out my “how to” post on, How to Organize a Blogger Meet-Up.)

This time, our group met for brunch at a fairly new spot in Harrisburg, The Tomato Pie Cafe.

I have been to the original Tomato Pie in Litiiz a few times before, and was thrilled to find out they were opening a branch in Harrisburg.  It made the perfect spot for an assembly of  aspiring foodies to conjure over a fancy latte and urban style eating.

This meet-up brought a few new faces, so I was especially excited to meet some new friends and see some my old pals as well.

We began our introductions with oversized coffee cups in hand, each filled with a delicious frothy warm beverage.

My choice was delightful- a London Fog; earl grey tea with vanilla and steamed soy milk.

The conversations continued without a moment of silence, and before we knew it, our meals arrived.

It was a difficult decision because I wanted ten different things off the menu, but I eventually settled on the Beet Scrambler- egg whites with beets, goat cheese and fresh cilantro.

It was served with whole wheat toast and fresh fruit.

I can’t say I’ve had beets in my eggs before, but this is a new favorite.  Beets and goat cheese go with just about anything in my opinion.  I also loved the fresh cilantro and didn’t think I would as much as I did. It worked so well in this dish to bring all of the flavors together.

This particular meet-up brought a special guest, Melissa from PennAg Industries, a member-based trade association, representing agribuisness in and around Pennsylvania.  Melissa contacted me a few months ago about helping her put together a VIP blogger event for their exhibit at the PA Farm Show this year and wanted to come and give some more information on our next event.

A big thanks to PennAg for sponsoring this meet-up and taking care of the bill.

A few of us brought some goodies to share….

We spent a few hours chatting about music, food, fitness, and of course, blogging.  It was such a great event and a so nice to include more and more people to the group.

From left to right: Danielle, Steph, Ellie, Erica, Me, Laura, Melissa, Lindsay, Nikki

Thank you to everyone that came out for another fantastic meet-up!

We already have our next event in the works with the PennAg and the PA Farm Show and after that, I’ve got some pretty exciting stuff planned with Hershey for February.

If you are a PA local (south central, central, south east) and want to find out more about joining the group, shoot me an email at LPodolsky410(at)Gmail(dot)com.

Question:

Have you ever attended a blogger meet=up?

Check It Out:

Looking for a fast, easy, and delicious dinner for tonight?  Check out my latest recipe for Italian Balsamic Quinoa Stir Fry on the Shiloh Farms blog today!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 3, 2012 at 9:58 am

How fun! I’d love to get a group of us bloggers together in Utah some time… I’ve met up with Chelsey and Katie before, but never any bloggers in my area. I’m so intrigued by that scrambler! Sounds delicious!

Jamie @ StudioEats December 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

This looks great. I’d love to do something like this in NYC and will definitely check out your post about how to plan a blogger meetup. Thanks! :)

Emily @ Emily Eats and Runs December 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ahh, I was planning on picking up some beets at the grocery store today. I’m definitely going to get some goat cheese too!

Kristin @ My Mission Impossible December 3, 2012 at 10:35 am

Looks like a great time…sorry I missed it…hope to meet you all soon :)

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Hope you’re feeling better Kristin!

Lindsay December 3, 2012 at 10:36 am

It was so nice to meet everyone yesterday! I’m looking forward to the next one! Thanks again for organizing it :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl December 3, 2012 at 10:58 am

I’ve never attended a blogger meet-up, but what a great idea! I’m in the DFW area and I only know of one other blogger in my area. Maybe we’ll have to try to get something together thought. Looks like a great way to branch out.

jessica December 3, 2012 at 11:07 am

looks like you girls had a great time- sorry I had to miss it!

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

No worries Jess! We’ll catch you at the next one!

Erica December 3, 2012 at 11:19 am

We have a good chunk of Charleston bloggers too but we have so much trouble meeting up! What a great group- and such delicious food! Love beets

Haley @ The Saucy Apple December 3, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I love this post! I’ve been trying to start-up/join a bloggers group in Houston, but it’s been slow-going. This motivates me to push forward. :)

Katie December 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

What a great idea! It’s so nice to have an organized community to meet up and check in with yearly.

That scramble sounds so interesting! I would never think to mix beets and eggs up, but eggs and goat cheese are delish and so are beets and cheese, so I’ll have to try this!

Sarah (Shh...Fit Happens) December 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm

This sounds like such a wonderful idea and event. I am a newbie blogger but live in Bethlehem, PA and would definitely be interested if you have anything out this way in the future! Thanks

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Hi Sarah! We would LOVE to have you! Shoot me an email (Lpodolsky410@gmail.com) and I will include you in the email chain. Also, be sure to like our FB page https://www.facebook.com/PaBloggers for updates! Thanks so much and can’t wait to meet you!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 3, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I wonder if anyone can tell that I like animal print?! lol Thanks for organizing it Lauren!

Allison @ Life's a Bowl December 3, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I love meeting new blends and chatting the hours away :) It looks like y’all had a wonderful meet-up and your eats look tasty! I’m a new fan of beets, and love goat cheese, but I never would have paired that all together… Love the pink color they shed on the eggs!

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions December 3, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I love blogger meetups! A bunch of us Chicago bloggers get together about once a month to hang out, and it’s awesome. They’re a great group of ladies. I love that blogging has helped me meet people in the city!

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 8:33 pm

That’s awesome Bethany! With all of the time I’ve been spending in Chicago, I just may need to get involved in that group. :)

Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath December 3, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I’m sorry I missed it–life has just been too busy lately! :(
I look forward to meeting all of you lovely ladies some day!!!

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Sorry you couldn’t make it but we’ll definitely catch you at the next one Amanda!

Clare @ Fitting It All In December 3, 2012 at 7:55 pm

SO fun. I must join or start something like this!

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Haha, YES! You should join! :)

Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife December 3, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I love the blogger events you hold for us! We are definitely lucky to have you in the area! (: Thanks for everything!

Lauren December 3, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Awww, I’m so lucky to have you in my life Danielle! :) xoxo

Nikki December 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Thanks so much for planning this! It was great meeting you…can’t wait for another meet up :)

Maria December 4, 2012 at 11:03 pm

That London Fog drink sounds great! One quick question…is it steamed vanilla soy milk with the earl grey or steamed soy with vanilla syrup and earl grey? I’m sure it would probably work either way but the OCD in me can’t help but ask.

Lauren December 4, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Yeah no worries because I asked the exact same thing! It’s usually more milk than tea, but I asked for the tea to be made with more water and just topped with steamed soy. I like a really strong coffee or tea so anything too milky doesn’t ti well with me.