Friday Confessions

by Lauren on December 7, 2012

With such an untraditional week, I find myself having a hard time remembering what day it is; however, seeing a slew of Facebook statuses praising the freakin’ weekend, I was all of a sudden reminded that it’s Friday.

Sadly, I’m leaving Chicago later this morning, but fortunately, I’m coming back soon.  I have an entire post dedicated to revealing some of my latest cryptic references coming very shortly, so please bear with me as I work on putting together a few final details.

In the meantime, let’s jump into a few confessions from the week.

Confession #1-

I love airports.  No really, if you asked me if I wanted to hang out and grab a cup of coffee in an airport, I would be all over that idea.  I’ve been seeing my fair share of them these days, but something about the atmosphere or a busy airport excites me.  Maybe it’s the thought of adventure, the people watching, or maybe it’s just the idea of free wi-fi and abundance of Starbucks.  Either way, I’m thinking of changing my career to flight attendant.

Confession #2-

I am still working on finding my Christmas spirit, but to be completely honest, I haven’t been able to spend a significant amount of time thinking about the holidays.  I’ve actually been feeling guilty about it all and then yesterday morning, I was watching a news segment on the importance of valuing the meaning of the season.  One man being interviewed said he would rather pass up a million dollars than not be at home with his family for the holidays.  The truth is, there are a lot of people who won’t be able to spend Christmas with their families and I need to feel more appreciative and blessed that I am not one of them. It’s time to finally break out the Christmas music!

Confession #3-

All sentimental feelings aside, as much as I’m looking forward to the holidays at home, I’m still in complete and utter denial that we will endure a winter this year.  Last week, it was in the 70′s and this week, it’s reaching near 60 degrees again.  Maybe some of you west coasters will virtually slap me for saying this, but if I don’t see a snow flake this season, I’ll be entirely okay with that.

That’s all I have for this week.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Question:

Snow.  Yes or no?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 7, 2012 at 9:13 am

After spending the last 3 years living in SoCal, I’m SO excited for winter I can hardly handle it! I’m embracing every chilly day, flurry of snow and cloudy sky. Weather changes coming back into my life were NEEDED!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } December 7, 2012 at 9:36 am

I also love airports! I was just thinking about that the other day as I’m hoping to spend a lot of time in them in 2013 :)

Steph - the event crashers December 7, 2012 at 9:39 am

Snow….. YESSSSSSS

And I’m a,so a HUGE fan of people watching…one of the reasons I love speeding days working on things in coffee shops.

Caitlin December 7, 2012 at 9:48 am

Yes please haha…at least for Christmas and January…after that it gets super old fast ;)

Clare @ Fitting It All In December 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

going back!! that’s such good news!!

tempesst December 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

a resounding NO to snow and i also loveeee airports! hope you had a good trip girl

Olivia Hill @ life as liv December 7, 2012 at 11:35 am

An airport is the #1 best place to people watch. I love sitting there just staring at everyone. People wearing pajamas in a public place? Sure! People looking like the world is about to collapse from stress alone? Absolutely!

I say YES to snow. Being from Georgia, I never get snow and I would love a little. ;)

Amanda, RD- The Nutritionist Reviews December 7, 2012 at 11:47 am

Love the tree! It looks great.

Irina @ Chocolatea Time December 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Glad you’re enjoying Chicago! It’s beautiful around this time :) I am really hoping for some snow soon though…I want it to actually feel like winter! The warmer temps have basically prevented me from getting into the Christmas spirit.

Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Snow, yes! It sucks to drive in and it’s cold, but it’s a sure sign of winter, and at the rate we’re going, we’re in trouble!

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions December 7, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Snow: YES. I am BEYOND sick of this weather we’re having right now. Everything’s grey and cold and hideous and ugly and I hate hate hate it. It should not be so much to ask for a snowy day in Chicago on December 7. If I wanted to live somewhere without seasons, I would’ve moved to California. Having no seasons other than “blazing hot” and “gag-inducing lukewarm 45-50″ is AWFUL.

laura December 7, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I’ve noticed {thank goodness} a lot of your snarky commenters have STFU as of lately… but I’ve also noticed you seem to be filtering your content a lot more.. is this purposeful? I don’t blame you in the slightest, but I kind of appreciated your authenticity and realism you portrayed, even if it might have attracted some haters….

Lauren December 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Hi Laura,
Thanks so much for your comment. I haven’t been deleting any comments, but have noticed that they have not been appearing lately. I just assumed they stopped, but perhaps they have gone into spam. I do have a policy to let the comments stay, so long as they are not deeply harmful to me or my family. It’s just not necessary to leave hurtful words. Stating an opinion is one thing, but verbally attacking someone’s character and soul is something I won’t support.
Again, thanks for your comment and honesty.

Traci December 7, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I love airports! I’m actually, ironically, at an airport right now. I love the rush of people going places and the abundance of Starbucks and the general anticipation of a trip. My flight was delayed and I’m actually not that disappointed, haha.

Elise December 8, 2012 at 12:32 am

I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and I eff-ing love snow! When it only snows mayyyybe once a year, snow is a special treat. Now is beautiful, fun to play in, and it means it’s actually cold outside. Not to mention, since it snows so rarely here any snow at all almost guarantees a snow-day!

Marilyn December 8, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I live in Pennsylvania , and I’m with you. I don’t care if I don’t see a flake of snow this winter. I hate shoveling!