Friday Confessions

by Lauren on December 14, 2012

With only two weekends left until Christmas, I’m starting to slightly worry that I won’t have the time or motivation to finish my holiday tasks.  Honestly, I didn’t make a hefty to-do list this year, knowing that I wouldn’t be around much, but now I’m wishing I did devote a little more time to the important traditions, like baking cookies, watching Christmas movies, and just relaxing by the tree.

This coming weekend I have quite a few things in store, and I’m kicking off the holiday season with a few Christmas parties.  Hopefully, these parties will be the inspiration I need  get my butt into gear, but then again, I also really want to just enjoy the time with friends and family.

Thanks for all sticking with me through a crazy week.  Here is the latest round of my Friday confessions:

Confession # 1 -

This granola needs to go away.  It’s not a new confession that I have a problem with delicious seasonal food products, but this Gingerbread Granola by Nature’s Path is going to be the death of me. I bought it once before, finished the bag in 3 days, and should have learned my lesson from there.  But alas, I’ve succumb to the alluring aisle display once again, and caved with another bag.  This one is lasting me all of 4 days this time….big surprise!

Confession #2 -

I haven’t had cereal or yogurt for breakfast in two weeks because I’ve been having the exact same thing day in and day out.  This explains why you haven’t seen any breakfast photos and/or recipes from me lately, but just to show you that I am still eating, here is my magical morning meal as of late….

• 1/4 cup steel cut oats
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 tbsp whipped cottage cheese
  • 2 drops liquid stevia
  • ton of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice

Topped with blackberries, sunbutter, and, oh look, more Gingerbread granola.

Confession #3-

I bought 90% of all of my Christmas gifts online this year and I’m quite proud about it.  Now, even though my gift buying strategy worked to my advantage, I’m still figuring out how I can talk Toly into wrapping them all.  I’m thinking of paying him a dollar for every gift wrapped under 60 seconds.  Since he is sidelined from any physical activity, he needs a little competitive excitement to look forward to. I’m really doing him a favor.

Confession # 4-

I’ve had an idea in my head for almost a year to host a wine tasting party and I’ve finally made it a reality.  I’m still not entirely sure how it’s going to work, but I figured, how can it go wrong?  Wine, wine and more wine, it’s a guaranteed success.

That’s all I have for now.  Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

WINNER

The winner of the Therafit Shoe Giveaway:

Nikki December 10, 2012 at 12:50 pm [edit]

I’m kind of in love with the red ones! So cute! And I have done the SAME THING with minimalist shoes — thought that they would prevent shin splints, but instead my heals and feet are shot! Back to my stable Mizunos!

Congrats Nikki!  Shoot me an email (Lpodolsky410@gmail.com) to claim your prize!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } December 14, 2012 at 8:09 am

I’ve always wanted to throw a wine tasting party where I’d ask guests to bring their favorite bottle to share :) I’d provide the scrumptious assortment of cheese, fruits, nuts, crackers …

Man, I need to find more friends so I can make this happen!

Lauren December 14, 2012 at 8:11 am

Come to mine!! :)

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } December 14, 2012 at 8:43 am

Don’t think I wouldn’t! I’ve traveled farther for less :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 14, 2012 at 8:35 am

I NEED that granola!

And a wine tasting party sounds like SO much fun. I want to come! ;)

Lauren December 14, 2012 at 9:54 am

You should! You are definitely invited. :)

Kerry December 14, 2012 at 9:42 am

That granola sounds so good! As done a wine tasting party!

laura December 14, 2012 at 9:52 am

a wine tasting party is so fun! I hosted a wine, cheese, and chatter party last christmas! to cut down on costs, you can also encourage guests to bring their favorite bottle to share :) or do a blind tasting of reds or something..endless possibilities! wine and cheese pairings are also super fun :)

Lauren December 14, 2012 at 9:54 am

I love the idea of a blind taste test! That’s brilliant!

Lindsay December 14, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m not even close to being done my Christmas shopping – that’s a project for this weekend! Nothing can go wrong with a wine tasting party! :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Yay, Nikki! I love their Carrot Cake granola, too! So good!

Kim@hungryhealthygirl December 14, 2012 at 10:31 am

Your breakfast looks delicious! I got to get my hands on some of that granola! ;-)

Erica December 14, 2012 at 10:56 am

Online shopping is key! I hate the scary crowds. Can’t wait to read about your wine party :)

Katie December 14, 2012 at 11:38 am

You can send that granola here! I will take it off your hands! YUM! Happy weekend!

Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 14, 2012 at 11:57 am

I love Nature Path’s chocolate granola…my dad and I fly through that bag in…2 days. Opps! Haha! We need to try the gingerbread one!

Nikki December 14, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Ahhh so jealous of the gingerbread granola…and SO excited to have won!! Emailing you right now :)

Diane @ life of di. December 14, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I think it’s okay to buy gifts online. Who wants to go out into all the craziness?!

I try to stay away from the malls from mid-November until after the first of the year :)

Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre December 14, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I’m totally doing the online shopping thing this year, too. If I have it my way, I won’t buy one gift in-store!

luv what you do December 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I love the idea of a wine tasting party! I just saw a cute tasting kit somewhere, but can’t remember where. It would make a fun holidays gift!