Friday Confessions

by Lauren on January 4, 2013

It was another one of those “off” weeks with New Year’s Day falling on a Tuesday.  Albeit, by midweek, it appeared that the rest of the world emerged from relaxation and jumped into the regular routine.  I still have no idea what day it is.  Friday I hope, considering I’m posting my Friday Confessions recap.

Confession #1 -

Starbucks undecorated.  No more red holiday cups, which means my decaf grande americano was looking rather dull, but still tasted amazing.

Confession #2-

I’ve been drinking more adult beverages in the past few weeks than I care to admit.  Don’t worry, I’m not overdoing it in the sense of getting completely sloshed every night, but as I prepare to leave for Chicago, I’ve had many opportunities arise to meet friends for drinks, dinner, etc.  I’m obviously not going to turn them down, but I think I could afford to switch to some club sodas here and there.

Confession #3-

I craved sushi all last week.  It all started when I met a friend for dinner last Friday night and we dined on a few incredible rolls.

After that, I found myself hitting up Wegmans to try their new Skinny Sushi Roll.  Basically, it’s a tuna roll without the rice and it is pretty awesome.  Truth be told, the rice isn’t my favorite part, so the more raw fish and avocado, the better.

Confession #4-

How in the world did I go so long without Ezekiel English Muffins?  It has seriously been months since I’ve bought them, but I finally broke down and purchased the sprouted grains last week.  This simple breakfast of a toasted english muffin, sunflower seed butter, banana slices and chia has been the highlight of my mornings.

Confession #5-

This is something I really want to start doing this year.  Self tutorial must start soon!

Confession #6-

Story of my life…..

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

WINNER

The winner of my GIVEAWAY for Sara Connell’s book, Bringing In Finn is…..

Irina from Chocolatetea Time

Congrats Irina!  Please email me (Lpodolsky410@gmail.com) with your shipping address asap.

Local Readers

Interested in a 9 hour spectacular indoor fitness event?  Check out Sweat A Fit, being held in Lancaster County.

From the website:

The 2013 Sweat-A-Fit event will take place on Saturday February 16, 2013! We are proud to provide some of the best Zumba, Yoga, Pilates and Indoor cycling instructors Lancaster County has to offer! 3 different classrooms, 9 hours of classes in each room for a total of 27 hours/instructors to chose from! Participate for one hour or up to nine! Please see our class schedule for more details.

Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 4, 2013 at 8:05 am

during the holidays I definitely drank way to much wine than I usually do! I’ve been cutting back though now that they are over haha.

Danielle @ clean food creative fitness January 4, 2013 at 8:14 am

I need to work on my blog photography skills too! First step will be buying a nicer camera. Before being diagnosed Celiac I used to love Ezekiel English muffins! Now I miss that I can’t have them anymore!

Katie January 4, 2013 at 8:18 am

I need to work on getting my camera fixed! My canon is not working, so that stinks!

LOVE sushi! Wish we could do a sushi date girl! Maybe this year , never know!

Happy weekend!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 4, 2013 at 8:30 am

Ahhh! I want sushi too! I need to have some this weekend.

Steph @ The Event Crashers January 4, 2013 at 8:42 am

Those layouts are a great find! I love the numbers one – I might steal it for my “Top Ten’s” each month!

EricA January 4, 2013 at 8:49 am

I have had no idea what day it is all week!! I just got my bucks. Im sort of glad theyre white again.. Have a great weekend

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } January 4, 2013 at 8:58 am

Ty for sharing the blog photo tutorial – one of my goals for this year is to improve my blog photography and layout!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 4, 2013 at 9:36 am

I bought some Trader Joe’s whole wheat cinn raisin english muffins a few days ago and topped with honey pb + banana slices + more cinn + chia seeds ROCKS my world. There’s something so amazing about that breakfast, no wonder I eat it every day. ;)

Katie January 4, 2013 at 9:49 am

It’s just that time of year- party party! And you have a really good excuse to be imbibing frequently. Gotta say goodbye in style!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 4, 2013 at 10:34 am

You’re making me cry with these wine and sushi photos… ;) Man, do I miss that stuff! Aren’t some of the best meals so simple? Oats with fruit & nut butter and toast/English muffin with banana & nut butter are easily two of my favorite breakfasts, and so very simple.

Lauren January 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm

awww, I’m sorry to tease you! I can’t imagine what I’ll do without either of these two things in my life. You’ll have them back soon though!! :)

Katie January 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm

haha! Same here!!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 4, 2013 at 11:03 am

SO, i’m taking you for wine and sushi… done!

Lauren January 4, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I’m so there!

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 4, 2013 at 11:48 am

I miss my holiday cups soooo much….sniff sniff…..

xxoo

Lindsay January 4, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I’ve been so confused about what day it is too, having a holiday in the middle of the week always screws me up! The Sweat a Fit event looks awesome, definitely thinking about checking that out!

Kerry January 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Those sushi pics are making me want some sushi right now!!!

Anne January 4, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I actuallty am NOT a rice fan and love when restaurants have a good selection of rolls without rice. If only we had wegmans in NC!

Sadie January 4, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Thanks so much for the Sweat-a-Fit shout out! It’s a great opportunity to get your sweat on and support the local community.

Thanks for sharing with everyone!

Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes January 4, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Wegmans! I miss it!

Brittany @ DulceVie January 4, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I always (and I mean always) crave sushi! It is so good! As for Starbucks, it makes me sad that the pretty red cups are gone. Sigh.

Have a nice weekend!