Friday Confessions {A Personal Plee}

by Lauren on February 22, 2013

Hello there!

I need to start this confessional with something a little more heavy.  It’s been on my heart for a few weeks and I know that most of you are starting (if not already) to catch on. Obviously, in the past month, the voice of this blog has taken a few turns.  While I’m still trying to post from my open and honest perspective, there is a lot that I’ve been holding back and this comes intentional.  I’ve actually questioned whether I should stop the blog altogether because I feel like my (read: incredible) readers are starting to feel betrayed that I’m not as authentically open and raw that I once was. My writing and this blog in particular, is so very important to me.  It keeps me grounded, it gives me release and it serves a deeper purpose in my life. I have every intention of getting back to writing a few more personal accounts but right now, you have to trust me when I say I’m going through some deeply personal things that I don’t wish to discuss, nor do I think it is fair of anyone to ask me to reveal.  I’ve been getting a ridiculous amount of comments that accuse me of being an impostor for not confessing my intimate situation or emotions and I have to say, it’s truly disheartening. I understand that I’ve developed a place where people go to read a part of who I am and I will always remain true to that, but right now, I’m going to tell you that I need to back off from my open vulnerability.  I hope to write about it one day, but for now, please know that my blog may be taking on some changes.  I promise a slew of good recipes, health advice, some product reviews, and of course, more personal ramblings, but yes, the tone is going to change.  I really don’t need or want the understanding, I just would love the respect.  Truly, you have all been amazing over the years and I really don’t know where I would be on this part of my life without this blog or the beautiful relationships that have resulted from it.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for understanding and thank you all for reading.  That is one confession  is the most honest thing I could say right now.

Now, moving on to a week of random confessions:

Confession #1

I know I mentioned before that I was so blessed to have a good network of friends that I already knew in Chicago but now I feel even more rewarded by the incredible friendships I’ve been developing as well.  All of my coworkers are truly amazing and I couldn’t have asked for a better “family” to take me under their wing in this new city.

Confession #2

My deep affection for wine is only getting stronger by the minute.  Working in a wine bar has literally forced me into a whole new appreciation for the art of drinking and believe me, I’ve been doing my fair share of it. Some nights, work consists of a glass of Pinto and some skillets for dinner – probably not what you were expecting to hear, but I’m confessing the truth here.  If I had to be honest, I’m feeling a tad guilty about my overindulgence of alcohol these days, but really, it’s nothing crazy.  I probably have a glass almost every night which is more than usual for me, but ultimately, I’m okay with it.  I just want to keep it at that.

Confession #3

Look at what came to my doorstep yesterday!

Oh how I’ve been waiting for you!  The new Chobani flavors have been all the talk this past month and I’ve been holding out on buying them knowing the fabulous girls at Cho would be sending me a case to sample.  They are fantastic and I owe my Greek yogurt loving self to these ladies.

So, the newbies are pear and banana and I’ve sampled them both.

Pear was first and I really enjoyed the first bite but the more I ate, the more I realized it was just a little too sweet for my liking.  I definitely like the Apple Cinnamon better, but this was a nice change.

The one I was most excited about was the banana.

I had this for breakfast in quite an epic yogurt bowl creation if I do say.

Banana Chobani, banana, blackberries, 1/2 of a TJ’s banana protein muffin, almonds, chia and sun flower seed butter.

While I liked the banana better than the pear, it was also a tad sweet for me, especially for a yogurt bowl breakfast.  I think next time I will pair it on its own with some chocolate chips for more of a dessert.  Now that sounds perfect!

Confession #4

Living in a city has its perks and for me, one of them happens to be the concept of relying on walking for quick transportation.  Often times I will need to park a few blocks away from the office or from work and since I really don’t mind to walk, it hasn’t been an issue.  (Well, aside from the severe cold) Another reason is because of a fun new product I was sent to test out.  Fit In The Clouds  is a portable shoe concept with the intention of providing “comfort for your feet that fits in your purse.”

The company sent me a pair to try out and I’ve been loving them!  First, how adorable are these flats?

Second, I love how convenient it is to just throw this little pouch in my purse and keep a pair of comfy flats with me at all times.  We all know I’m a fan of uncomfortable heels, but now knowing I can still wear my wedges but have an alternative to hustling around the streets of Chicago gives me great peace of mind.

Fit in The Clouds has offered to giveaway a pair of their foldable fats to one of you!

To Enter:

Leave a comment on this post with which style you would most like to have.

Additional Entires:

Visit Fit In The Clouds on their Facebook page and become a fan

Follow Fit In The Clouds on Twitter

I will select one winner in next week’s Friday Confessions post.

Hope you are all enjoying life and thank you all for being so incredible supportive as I try to balance out my new schedule and life happenings right now.  You all rock!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } February 22, 2013 at 10:31 am

(1) You are in my thoughts. I know how hard it is to find an appropriate balance between openness, honesty and privacy as a blogger. I’m sure your readers will understand and give you the respect you need!

(2) Black bow-tie for sure. What an adorable concept!

Caroline @ After Dinner Dance February 22, 2013 at 10:31 am

I’d love the retro collection tan ones!

Sherry February 22, 2013 at 10:36 am

Wish you nothing but the best and you’re an amazing person. You will get through this tough time and you don’t owe readers anything. It’s your life and your blog, you should do as you wish.

I’d love the black patent with the bow, so cute!!

Nelly February 22, 2013 at 10:42 am

You need to trust your instincts and do whats best for you. Love this!

Amanda February 22, 2013 at 10:58 am

I’m feeling the black snakeskin flats…all of the shoes are super cute and I love the idea of being able to tote them around in my purse…super convenient!

Allison W. February 22, 2013 at 11:06 am

I really like the tan and black ones in the Retro Collection. Adorable!

Sami February 22, 2013 at 11:07 am

You know what, I have been wanting to ask you if everything was alright… and I’ve been praying for you, because I noticed a difference… but I can’t believe the audacity that some people have… like they’re ENTITLED to be critical when you aren’t up for spewing your emotions on the blog. It a matter of humanity to respect someone whether they want to share their feelings or not…and I for one am appalled to see blog readers (“friends”) reacting that way. It just makes me want to say, “how dare you!!” It’s just totally insensitive.

Love ya girly! Hang in there <3

Oh, and I love those snakeskin flats! I, unlike you, NEVER wear heels. Ever. Haha. So these would be perfect for me!

Sami February 22, 2013 at 11:07 am

Oh! And I liked their Facebook page.

Lisa February 22, 2013 at 11:14 am

Loving the silver sequins!

Stephanie February 22, 2013 at 11:18 am

I love the bow tie black ones. So cute and such a great idea for those of us who walk to work every day!

Irina @ Chocolatea Time February 22, 2013 at 11:23 am

It always makes me sad to see bloggers close off because of judgement on THEIR blog. This is your space and you obviously have the right to share (or not share) whatever you please without criticism. I’m sorry to hear about what you’re going through and I sincerely hope that things straighten out in your life! Good luck :)

I really like the black ones with the bow…so very cute!

Clare @ Fitting It All In February 22, 2013 at 11:26 am

1. CALL ME
2. I love the black snakeskin!

Kara February 22, 2013 at 11:41 am

Those tan and black retro ones are super cute!

Erica February 22, 2013 at 12:02 pm

So sorry to hear that you have some stuff going on. As always- my heart is with you! Hope things are resolved soon. You know how to get in touch with me if you need to chat!!! I love the new banana chobani. Kaylin does too. We’ve been hogging them down. Those shoes are so cute! I like the Espadrille folding flats

Iris February 22, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Gold sequin is so cute!

Leslie O'Neil February 22, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Honey, reading your post today makes me want to hug you so much and I can’t. I miss you so much and I have been praying for you everyday. Your dad and I admire your talents and ambitions as you live life with such a passion. Be safe and may God keep blessing you with His love and protection. Love you lots, Mom

Amye February 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Black bow tie! So cute!

Katie February 22, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Lauren, hope you know I am always here for you if you need to talk to someone. I really think you are a beautiful person inside and out, we all have our dark roads and want you to know I am thinking of you <3

Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife February 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I love you. love your blog. love the new chobani flavors and love the black bow tie! (:

Erica February 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I love the bow tie black! So cute! And what a neat idea!

Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife February 22, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I follow them on twitter.

Kelly February 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Wishing you some peace during your trying time.

I like the black snakeskin.

Andrea @pencils and pancakes February 22, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I can’t believe people would even go so low to attack you for what you choose to put on YOUR blog. It didn’t even cross my mind. I would feel weird putting personal stuff on mine too. You have my support.

Ashley F February 22, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I like the tan/black retro collection folding shoes. These are absolutely perfect for home-work.

Addison February 22, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I love the retro collection! Or the black snakeskin. :) Snakeskin anything is a yes from me :)

Andrea February 22, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I can’t believe people you don’t even know are demanding updates on your marriage!!! I am genuinely astounded! I am a long-time reader who rarely comments and I don’t feel that you owe anyone an explanation for anything regarding your personal life. I still love your blog :)

Sara February 22, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I have no idea why readers would ever think your life choices are their business, on any level. Until they start paying for your blog, no one but you determines what information goes on here. Sending you love, hugs and understanding. Rise above, as you always do. XOXO

Carly February 22, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I like the bowtie black ones!

JessW February 22, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I really like the retro collection or black bow tie!

Sara @ sarasmiles February 22, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I am so sorry you have been getting a hard time from some readers. Your blog is exactly that-YOURS, and you should be able to take it any direction you want it to. I know you blog for your readers, but you also blog for you, and if you are feeling vulnerable and want to open up, that’s amazing, but if not, that is your choice. I am also very sorry for whatever you are going through, but you seem like a strong person and will no doubt work through it in your own time. I’ve loved hearing about your adventures in Chicago and your adjustment amidst the recipes etc., so keep truckin!

kim@hungryhealthygirl February 22, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Black snake skin! So sorry you’re going through some not so fun stuff right now and I think everyone needs their privacy to some extent. If a reader can’t respect that, then you don’t need them! I’m patiently waiting on my Cho delivery, but I’ve already tasted the banana and I’m in love with it. Hope your weekend treats you well!

Amy February 22, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I love the retro collection! I have noticed a change in your blog, but I totally understand needing to keep things private. I hope that everything works out, and thank you for continuing your blog despite all of this!

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I love the black bow tie! So cute :)

Chrystal February 22, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I would love to have the brown patent ones! :) I appreciate your blog and you continue to inspire.

laura February 22, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I love the black snakeskin!

Lauren February 22, 2013 at 3:10 pm

First of all, best of luck getting through anything you are working through…we are all here to support you…

Secondly, I have been looking for a pair of black flats forever and I’d love to try the Black Snakeskin ones!

Nicole February 22, 2013 at 3:11 pm

The Retro Shoes are so cute!

Emily February 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Wishing you the best!

I love the Retro Tan!

Shanna like Banana February 22, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Wishing you the best my dear! If you want to talk about anything, shoot me an email. I’ve had a lot of life experiences that may be of help.

Hugs!

Emily February 22, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I like the tan and black!

Jenny@thewellnessjourneyblog February 22, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. Reading that first paragraph– my heart went out to you. When people are going through rough times, the last thing they need is insensitivity from strangers. Sending you a virtual hug! Shake off the negative nelly’s. And know that this too shall pass. God only gives us what he knows we can handle. You’re going to come out even stronger at the end of this leg of your life’s journey.

And I love the bowtie black.

Thanks for all you do for your readers!

Kelsey February 22, 2013 at 4:09 pm

keep your head up! wishing you all the peace and joy in the world!

[love the black snakeskin flats]

Kelsey February 22, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Kelsey February 22, 2013 at 4:10 pm

following on twitter! @____kelsey

Caitlin F. February 22, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I searched everywhere for these shoes a few days before I spent New Years running around SF in heels. Couldn’t find them & my feet paid for it. :( Would love the black bow tie ones!

P.S. Major respect.

Brittany@Proteinandpumps February 22, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Love the all black.

Positive vibes your way!

Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre February 22, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Aw! I can’t believe that people actually commented those things to you. There are a million other blogs in the world. If you don’t like this one, go read someone else’s, right? Sheesh! But honestly, your true faithful readers will hang along for the ride! I honestly don’t mind when someone strays from their typical writing. It’s their life and choice, and it should be!

Elise February 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I understand wanting/needing to keep aspects of your personal life private on the blog. But, would you mind giving an update on your internship? You were so excited about the internship before you moved, but I feel like now we only hear about your job as a bartender.

Elizabeth V February 22, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I love the retro ones with the cap toe!

Shannon February 22, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I love the retro collection. Actually I love all of them! So cute and comfy, win win!! Sending positive thoughts!:)

Holly February 22, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I think the silver patent are cute!

Laura Shank February 22, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Lauren, I’m praying for you. I agree with what everyone else has said: your personal life is your business, and no one should be demanding that you write about it. Your faithful readers will continue to come for your yummy recipes, fitness stories and, now, your chronicles of your adventures in Chi-town.

I would like the black snakeskin, by the way!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm

The black snake skin ones are SO cute!

Additionally, I freaking love you girl and you deserve nothing but happiness! I hope people let up and give you your space, time and most importantly PRIVACY. Sometimes I think it’s easy to get caught up in thinking we know EVERYTHING about the bloggers we follow but really we’re just seeing a snippet of their lives. We also have to remember that we are all going through our own struggles and sometimes I think people forget that. Sending you so much love and support! :)

Meghan N February 22, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I like the black snakeskin!

Laura @Start From Scratch February 22, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I would love the patent black! I love the look of heels but have foot problems that prevent me from wearing them often (for example, I changed into my cute boots w/ heels in the car before our blogger meet-up) so these would be great to wear to/from without looking too dressed down :)
Thinking of you and whatever you are going through.

Pam February 22, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I like the black snakeskin shoes.

Meghan February 22, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I like black snakeskin!

Tiffani February 22, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Diamond black snakeskin

Floey February 23, 2013 at 4:38 am

Loving the silver sequins!

Floey February 23, 2013 at 4:38 am

following on twitter! @Squigglemefloey

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate February 23, 2013 at 4:52 am

I Iove the black and tan retro! I personally think you are an amazing writer and any direction you take this blog will be a great one. No need to listen to any judgements saying otherwise!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate February 23, 2013 at 4:53 am

I follow them on twitter!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate February 23, 2013 at 4:54 am

I like them on Facebook!

Missy February 23, 2013 at 5:26 am

The brown patents. Love these!

Alaina February 23, 2013 at 8:11 am

I hope everything is going well Lauren!! You know I’m always here if you want to talk. :-)

Those shoes are adorable! I like the retro styles.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

Adorable flats! I’d go for the Espadrille style!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 23, 2013 at 10:26 am

Like them on FB!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 23, 2013 at 10:26 am

Follow them on Twitter!

Anne February 23, 2013 at 10:28 am

Black Diamond are calling my name!

Emily February 23, 2013 at 11:41 am

have always been a fan of your blog. totally understand that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do- don’t let any negative comments affect you :) PS- love those blue espadrilles!!

Lauren S February 23, 2013 at 11:47 am

The classic black patent leather shoes are adorable!

I hope you’re enjoying Chicago-we just moved from Chi to AZ and miss the restaurant scene! If you get a chance, try Maude’s Liquor Bar for cocktails and Au Cheval for dinner.

(Un)intentional Happenings February 23, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Still reading!!!

Espadrille folding flats, super cute.

Lisa February 23, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I love the black snakeskin!

Morgan February 23, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I love reading your blogs! I hope you get some much deserved respect about whatever way you want YOUR blog to be! : ) Stay strong and keep writing, please?! ; )

Lots of support,
Morgan

Lindsay February 23, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I’d go with blue espadrilles! So cute!

cel February 24, 2013 at 5:28 am

the black snakeskin are adorable! Keep doing your thing :)

Nikki February 24, 2013 at 9:04 am

Black snakeskin

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite February 24, 2013 at 10:00 am

There is nothing wrong with indulging in a glass of wine every night, especially when you work at a wine bar! :) I’d love the black bowtie shoes- what a cool idea!

Katie February 24, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I’m so sorry you’ve been going through some hard times. You have my empathy… it can be really difficult sometimes to find that “perfect” work/life/blog balance. But PLEASE try to remember that you blog for YOU. If you’re not feeling happy about it, it IS okay to take as much time as you need to figure out what you want to say, if you do want to say anything at all (like your blog title hehe!). Lots of love for you.

Great giveaway! I love the black bow ties.

shani February 24, 2013 at 5:51 pm

i like the black diamond snakeskin

Kylee February 24, 2013 at 9:54 pm

LOVEEE the white snakeskin!

*Andrea* February 24, 2013 at 11:54 pm

i love these! they’d be great for my work travels. i love the black snakeskin!

Joanna February 25, 2013 at 6:23 am

Gold sequin

Lu February 25, 2013 at 6:27 am

Gold sequin

Shannon February 25, 2013 at 7:52 am

Everyone needs their privacy, keep your head up!

I LOVE the retro collection, especially the tan and black ones! So cute!

Katie February 25, 2013 at 9:42 am

I love the retro collection shoes!

beth @ a latte inspiration February 25, 2013 at 11:27 am

Blacksnake skin is adorable. Hope you are able to find peace & solace in your situation soon. :)

Karen February 25, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Black snakeskin are my fave.

Karen February 25, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Following on facebook and twitter

Andrea M February 25, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I love the Espadrille folding flats!

Kristin February 25, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I think you meant “plea” in the title:) love the black snakeskin!

Sarah @ making thyme for health February 27, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I also like the bowtie black! And I totally feel you on the wine confession. I used to wait tables for 5 years and became so passionate about drinking wine because of it. I love it! I think one glass a night is reasonable. Especially if it is helping you to relax and unwind. Btw- you have Pinot as Pinto. ;)

Michelle T. February 27, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I like the brown snakeskin!

Marilyn February 27, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I love the black snakeskin shoes. Sorry to hear you are dealing with some personal matters. I hope you can find peace of mind soon. Don’t worry about the negative comments from some readers. . Your loyal readers are here for you in good times and bad. That’s what counts. Take care!

Chandra March 7, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Thank you for your honesty – you always keep it real and that is why I follow you and respect and appreciate your journey! The gold patent are darling!