I drink two kinds of liquids on a regular basis.
Okay, well three (eh, hem wine) if I was being 100% honest, but in my daily consumption, water and coffee are my beverages of choice.
I never have been a soda drinker and certainly not one to have a big glass of milk, but juice has always been that grey area in my personal liking of drinks. I rarely keep juice on hand, but when I do, I always enjoy having it to throw a splash here and there in my sparkling water or smoothies.
A few weeks ago, I was selected by the DailyBuzz Food product opportunity with Ocean Spray to try their new line of Diet Cranberry drinks. Up until this point, I really had only purchased cranberry juice for two reasons…as a vodka mixer and to help cure UTI’s. I wouldn’t ever think to crave a glass on its own, but I was also intrigued to try a new “diet” drink that claimed to be real fruit juice.
Like many of you, I’ve always been skeptical of “diet” drinks for the harsh ingredients and artificial aftertaste that so many of them contain.
“Taste good and good for you.” That is the promise that Ocean Spray reveals so I was ready to put this to the test.
A little more on the product:
- Ocean Spray Diet contains only 5 calories per serving
- It is made with Real Fruit Juice and a daily dose of vitamin C
- Only 2 grams of sugar per serving
Again, juice alone is a little much for me, so I decided to give this a try initially diluted with a little water.
- I was surprised that this didn’t have much of the artificial aftertaste I was expecting. For only having 5 calories and 2 grams of sugar, it tasted as natural as it could.
- I enjoyed the taste but more as an addition to spike plain water or sparkling water. Sometimes, a little hint of flavor is all you need and this is perfect for that.
- I’m still not so keen on artificial ingredients so I’m not sure I would include this in my weekly shopping list, but again, it’s a nice option for a mixer for water or alcoholic beverages.
Lastly, another area where juice comes into play….
I often make my smoothies with almond milk, but there are times when a little more flavor is just needed. With spring and summer in sight, fresh berry smoothies are on my mind.
Ocean Spray provided a smoothie recipe in the package, but since I didn’t have some of the ingredients on hand, I just went with my own recipe.
Green Berry Smoothie
1/4 cup Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice
1/4 cup water
3 cups baby spinach
1 cup fresh berries (I used blueberries but any berry would do)
1/2 a frozen banana
Blend all ingredients together. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Overall, I was pleased with the product and happy to have had the opportunity to sample. Again, I’m not sure I would buy and drink the juice on its own, but it really does make a nice addition in my other beverages of choice.
To learn more about Ocean Spray Diet Juice Drinks, visit their website.
I have partnered with Ocean Spray through DailyBuzz to help promote their new Ocean Spray Diet product. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with this product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.