Life Lately

by Lauren on March 7, 2017

Life lately has been a roller coaster, many ups and a few dramatic downs, but ultimately we are starting to get into a good grove.

Let’s catch up a bit.


This little one turned 2 months old last month!  Hard to believe that whole ordeal was that long ago now.


Little man is growing like a champ!  At his two month check-up, he came in weighing 8 pounds, 2 ounces, nearly doubling his birth weight. He is doing so well in many regards and it’s been a complete joy to see him grow and take to life.


Most of the time, he is pretty relaxed and happy, but he does have the infamous “witching hour” at the exact time I am trying to get his big brother fed and settled.  Why oh why do these little people seem to hate the 5 o’clock hour?

Grayson continues to be such a good big brother, always loving on him and just showing more of an overall interest in his little bro. It’s so incredible to watch their relationship grow.


I am back to teaching a full schedule again and I’m loving every moment. Our mornings have become rather routined and it’s getting much easier to get two of them ready and out the door on time.

I also started doing some small group personal training again, which I love!  Here is an example of a workout we did today, mixed with some high intensity cycle intervals.



After the gym every morning, we make our way home by 11ish.  Grayson kind of gave up on naps, so I’ve been letting him do quite time in his room for 30 minutes with his iPad while I shower and feed the baby.

Lunch usually happens around noon and lately, I’ve been into fish.  Maybe it’s because I avoided it so much when I was pregnant, but now I can’t seem to get enough.

Here is a sample of my lunch the past two days….


Spinach salad with roasted asparagus, beets, orange, walnuts and goat cheese with a homemade apple cider vinegar dressing. 


Spicy tuna with roasted asparagus, cucumbers, carrots, avocado and sesame seeds

I try and spend a little time after lunch working while Grayson plays but I’m usually interrupted a million times. I eventually give up and join Grayson in play.

Grayson has therapy two days a week and if we aren’t in therapy, we may run some errands in the afternoon.

John gets home by 5:30pm, just in time for dinner and the usual evening shenanigans.


Life lately is messy and unpredictable, but it’s good, deep in my soul kind of good, and as hard as it can be at times, my heart bursts with so much joy every single day.

Previous post:

Next post: