Fall is in the air.
This weekend marks the official first day of fall and with all of the seasonal talk, I’m beginning to get a little more accepting of the fact.
Let’s be honest, the only real reason we are all so quick to jump on board with colder weather is the idea of comfort food right? I’m talking big crock pots filled with spicy chili, baked pastas and of course, anything pumpkin affiliated.
All summer long, I’ve taken to the method of grilling just about every meal and recently discovered my deep infatuation with grilled naan pizza. It was the perfect concept, pour a glass of wine, throw a pizza on the grill, and sit back for a few minutes while the crust perfectly charred on the Weber.
Well, pizza isn’t exactly a fall-like food…or is it?
It is now!
I may not have used my grill, but the oven works just as well, especially when it comes to roasting vegetables. What’s so great about pizza is that it can be a blank canvas and transform to please any season.
This Fall Harvest Pizza combines one of my favorite fall vegetables, butternut squash, along with smoky eggplant and sweet roasted beets, all topped with creamy goat cheese. This was my first time at trying beets on a pizza and I must say, it was quite a pleasant discovery.
I may not be breaking out my slow-cooker just yet, but I’m slowly working my way into comfort food, proving that pizza is one meal I can enjoy just about any time of year.
- 1 whole wheat naan bread
- ⅛-1/4 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup butternut squash, cubed 1 inch
- ½ cup eggplant, cubed 1 inch
- ½ cup roasted beets, cubed 1 inch
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Coat squash and eggplant with cooking spray, salt, pepper and dried rosemary. Bake for 30 min or until tender.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, prepare your pizza. Spread marinara over naan.
- Top with roasted vegetables and beets.
- Crumbled goat cheese on top and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown and cheese is melted.
A few things:
Still time to enter my giveaway for a chance to win your box of Granola Basics. I’ll choose 3 winners on Friday.
And please don’t hate me, but I still could use all of your help and votes for the Face of Fitness contest I’m in with Fitness Magazine. You can vote (HERE) every day until the end of the week. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU x a million for your votes. Seriously. 🙂
Hope you are having a great week!